Question My pc monitor says no signal when playing games! :(

Sep 27, 2021
I'm writing on here to see if anyone can help me with an issue I've been struggling with for a few months.

My pc is a prebuilt cyber power pc that I had purchased from best buy about 6-7 months ago. The pc worked fine up until 2 months ago after installing another hard drive into the computer (1 TB) because I didn't have much space on the pc (This is only important because it's the only thing that's changed since the start of the problem). After installing that, a few weeks went by, and suddenly when I was in the middle of playing games my monitor would turn black and then display "no signal". My pc would still remain on and I could still hear sounds in my discord call but I couldn't hear game sound after a few seconds, I just assume the game crashed. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc manually on the front of my case and then it works fine until I launch a game again. This has happened with Overwatch, Dead By Daylight, Minecraft, Apex, etc. But it only happens when I'm in a game and the time it takes to shut the monitor off and say no signal is very unpredictable (1-30 mins). It has never happened when browsing the web or in a discord call- only when playing a game.

I have sent the pc to cyber power under warranty and they replaced my graphics card and "ran some tests". They sent it back to me 2 weeks ago after waiting a month and the issue is still prevalent. I then took it to a local repair shop and he said that my GPU and power supply were both fine and that it was my CPU that was causing that issue. I just would like to see if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do or how I can fix this issue, although I assume it's a hardware issue and I would have to get it replaced. Any suggestions would be amazing and I have tried a lot of different things from multiple forums and posts! :)

My Specs:
New GPU: AMD RADEON RX 5600 XT 6GB GDDR6
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
I am unable to see all of my specs due to it being limited on the best buy site and not all the parts and specs were listed. But these are the ones that I have.

The things I have tried:
  • Replacing GPU.
  • Stress testing my GPU and CPU
  • Plugging monitor and pc into a different outlet
  • Using a different monitor
  • Local repair guy tested the power supply
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic for the RAM
  • Downloaded old AND new drivers
  • Used DDU to uninstall old drivers and installed new ones
  • Used the AMD driver software to uninstall old drivers and installed new ones
  • Factory reset my PC
  • Sent to cyber power to get it stress tested

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I'm writing on here to see if anyone can help me with an issue I've been struggling with for a few months.

My pc is a prebuilt cyber power pc that I had purchased from best buy about 6-7 months ago. The pc worked fine up until 2 months ago after installing another hard drive into the computer (1 TB) because I didn't have much space on the pc (This is only important because it's the only thing that's changed since the start of the problem). After installing that, a few weeks went by, and suddenly when I was in the middle of playing games my monitor would turn black and then display "no signal". My pc would still remain on and I could still hear sounds in my discord call but I couldn't hear game sound after a few seconds, I just assume the game crashed. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc manually on the front of my case and then it works fine until I launch a game again. This has happened with Overwatch, Dead By Daylight, Minecraft, Apex, etc. But it only happens when I'm in a game and the time it takes to shut the monitor off and say no signal is very unpredictable (1-30 mins). It has never happened when browsing the web or in a discord call- only when playing a game.

I have sent the pc to cyber power under warranty and they replaced my graphics card and "ran some tests". They sent it back to me 2 weeks ago after waiting a month and the issue is still prevalent. I then took it to a local repair shop and he said that my GPU and power supply were both fine and that it was my CPU that was causing that issue. I just would like to see if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do or how I can fix this issue, although I assume it's a hardware issue and I would have to get it replaced. Any suggestions would be amazing and I have tried a lot of different things from multiple forums and posts! :)

My Specs:
I am unable to see all of my specs due to it being limited on the best buy site and not all the parts and specs were listed. But these are the ones that I have.

The things I have tried:
  • Replacing GPU.
  • Factory reset my PC
did you recently oc your CPU? When I overclocked my CPU my games kept crashing but when I put it back to normal it was working fine.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021

My Specs:

The things I have tried:
  • Replacing GPU.
  • Factory reset my PC
Also, you should go with 16 gigs in my opinion (you don't have to, but just recommending). Also can you check your psu model? open the back panel and check to see if the model of the PSU is poking out there

Sep 27, 2021
Also, you should go with 16 gigs in my opinion (you don't have to, but just recommending). Also, can you check your PSU model? open the back panel and check to see if the model of the PSU is poking out there
When taking off the back panel it still isn't facing the right way. So I can't see the watts or what brand or anything :/ I thought it was the power supply but the local repair guy said it wasn't. However, I don't know what test he ran so who knows. I also went into my BIOS and put it to default so we'll see. I looked on the website and tried looking at the closest priced pc to mine- they normally use 500 watts so I assume it'll be similar to mine.

Last edited:

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
When taking off the back panel it still isn't facing the right way. So I can't see the watts or what brand or anything :/ I thought it was the power supply but the local repair guy said it wasn't. However, I don't know what test he ran so who knows. I also went into my BIOS and put it to default so we'll see. I looked on the website and tried looking at the closest priced pc to mine- they normally use 500 watts so I assume it'll be similar to mine.
Hmm, So you can't see the specifications of the psu?

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Try unscrewing the 4 screws that are in the 4 corners near where the switch is then pull it out (assuming you have some leftover space with the cables). Is it modular or non-modular?

"local computer guy" so someone looked at this system already and it should be in warranty. Contact the vendor again and let them know issue is still there so they can swap something else out if they really replaced the video card. It's most likely a power supply issue or a failing video card unless your CPU is overheating, but the tech you had it looked at should have said so.

In my experience, crashing during games with sound continuing has been a video card issue (or power supply not driving the video card properly) in every case I can remember.

Reactions: Fatblabs
Sep 27, 2021
"local computer guy" so someone looked at this system already and it should be in warranty. Contact the vendor again and let them know issue is still there so they can swap something else out if they really replaced the video card. It's most likely a power supply issue or a failing video card unless your CPU is overheating, but the tech you had it looked at should have said so.

In my experience, crashing during games with sound continuing has been a video card issue (or power supply not driving the video card properly) in every case I can remember.

Considering I just got a new GPU installed by the company, I really in my gut feel that it's a PSU issue. I just ordered one and it should be coming tomorrow. My temps are fine when playing, both my GPU and CPU so I doubt it would be my CPU because it isn't overheating. If the power supply doesn't do anything then I'll most likely contact them under warranty again. The tech guy was a little weird in my opinion so I don't know if I would trust his judgment.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Considering I just got a new GPU installed by the company, I really in my gut feel that it's a PSU issue. I just ordered one and it should be coming tomorrow. My temps are fine when playing, both my GPU and CPU so I doubt it would be my CPU because it isn't overheating. If the power supply doesn't do anything then I'll most likely contact them under warranty again. The tech guy was a little weird in my opinion so I don't know if I would trust his judgment.
what's the psu tho?

Sep 27, 2021
what's the psu tho?
I actually just installed a new power supply (750w EVGA) and I'm not on my pc hoping it fixed the issue. I was able to look in my pc to see what power supply it was finally and it was a 600w Apevia :/ and I didn't have to even do extensive research to see that those power supplies are bottom of the barrel. I'm hoping sense I haven't had the pc for even a year- that it didn't fry anything,

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I actually just installed a new power supply (750w EVGA) and I'm not on my pc hoping it fixed the issue. I was able to look in my pc to see what power supply it was finally and it was a 600w Apevia :/ and I didn't have to even do extensive research to see that those power supplies are bottom of the barrel. I'm hoping sense I haven't had the pc for even a year- that it didn't fry anything,
what evga psu tho

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
also always use the cables that the psu gives you, not the old ones

TRENDING THREADS