Question My PC monitor shows me a blank screen ?

Nenadinho

Prominent
Apr 26, 2022
Hello,

I recently bought a PC. It functioned without any problems until today… I had to prepare for school and my dad told me to unplug everything because he had something to fix on the wall behind. I unplugged everything, my peripherals, internet cable, and so on. I also unplugged an extension power cable thaat was plugged in. Today, after I plugged everything back in, I tried to boot my PC… Unsuccessful. It just beeped for the first time, because my monitor wasn‘t on. It’s normal. Then I turned my monitor on and… Only a blank screen showing nothing. I was wondering… what went wrong..?! Then I tried rebooting my PC several times and no success. I tried resetting the CMOS battery. Didn’t work for me. It was the moment where beep sounds weren‘t working anymore. I turned my PC on again, but forgot to turn my monitor on.. It didn’t beep as it should. Just silence.

Things I tried after that:
  • Resetting CMOS several times
  • Resetting BIOS using jumper
  • Unplugging my Graphics Card then trying to boot with iGPU
  • Tested all ram sticks were working
  • Tested on my TV, with another HDMI
  • Reseated some cables (SATA cables for dvd or hdd, ssd, 20+4 PIN, Front panel cables, POST cable)
  • Tried plugging off my HDD, SSD or DVD in case they are causing the problem
  • Changed the CMOS battery
Nothing changed… still blank screen. After all that I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. After 10 mins I came back and the screen appeared, telling me to
" Press F1 to go to BIOS or F2 to continue ". I pressed F2, and everything disappeared.. Blank screen again !!

I am really out of words… I don’t know what exactly to do. Did that unplugging an extension cable cause my BIOS or Motherboard to die? What did actually happen?

If someone has an answer please, please let me know.

PC Specs:
MSI B250M PRO—VD
i7—7700
GTX 1050 TI
16GB DDR4 2400MHZ
PSU 400W

HDD and SSD I don‘t know, 1TB+2TB