[SOLVED] My PC only detects 5ghz and not 2.4ghz

Buddo_

Commendable
Apr 18, 2017
I have a strange issue where my PC can't pick up the 2.4g connection but can pick up the 5g one. What's even weirder is that the 2.4g network will sometimes (very rarely) become an option and I can use it freely. I still haven't figured out a link to why it does this. My Pixel 2XL and XPS15 9570 can pick up both 2.4g and 5g networks so I think its more to do with my PC. I might've stuffed up a setting or something I''m not too sure. I play games and I still get 60ms even though I have a very very weak signal strength with my 5g network (I'm on the other side of the house). The reason I'd like the option to switch to the 2.4g is because, well I should just have that option, but I think I really need the range. To add to this I have another issue where my internet is just plain unreliable when I play games or even using discord to chat my ping skyrockets once every few minutes or so and it'll completely freeze games/completely stop all noise on discord or become ridiculously laggy on both but not freeze entirely. Depends how it feels on that day. If it helps I pick up a few of my neighbours networks and I'm fairly sure these are 2.4g.

ISP: Telstra
Modem Model No: F@st 5355
My specs: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/KDhYbX
Network Adapter Driver Version: 7.35.352.0

If you need any more info let me know. If my internet works ;)

Solution
I'd check with the wifi card vendor support, check for newer driver, maybe just tell them about the issue. 2.4 had a longer range to connect than 5ghz so you should be seeing those signals.

TRENDING THREADS