Blizzforte

Prominent
Mar 2, 2020
Since I got my All-In-One PC from MSI about 1,5 years ago it constantly freezes to the point that I have to hold the power button to shut the system down. No reaction. I've checked for viruses, RAM and disk health. It's all good. I update Win 10 regularly. It freezes wether I game or in idle. GPU temps around 50 degrees in idle. Only the last 2 days it happened twice. I checked the event registry but I can't find errors but the one that the system got shut down by force after the freeze.

MSI Infinite A

i7-8700 CPU
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

CPU temps around 39 degrees
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
100GB used from a 500GB SSD
No malware found

I still have a 30-day guarantee, but the ratings for the repair service are awful. I don't want to send my PC over there for a month and wait to get an even more damaged PC back. And it is not possible to find out for myself where the problem is, because I have zero practical hardware experience. I could replace any part until it finally works, but for the time and money I could buy a new one right away. Unfortunately the PC cost a lot of money. And who says that my next PC won't have such problems too. I don't know what to do next.

Please help!

Solution
Yes, it can happen multiple times a day. Sometimes it takes weeks, sometimes only minutes. It's not dependent on what I'm doing.

I have only 1 month of warranty left. Sometimes it takes several days or weeks until it happens. That means I don't have the time to try out all of the components and wait. Maybe it will stay clean 1 month and all of a sudden it happens again. Take this several times and I will have to try this for half a year or more.

The problem is the service center I have warranty with is garbage. 95% percent of all reviews from Google says it's bad. It takes weeks if not months until you get it send back and often even worse than it was before. I don't know if I want to try this but since I only have 1 month left...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm assuming you can pretty much encounter the freeze everyday?
What is the rest of the PCs specs including PSU make and model?

If so as a first port of call, if you say the PC can randomly freeze even when you're not doing anything, I'd be tempted to use the system in safe mode without networking for a period of time and see if the issue persists to try and confirm hardware vs software.

Last edited:

Endre

Reputable
Since I got my All-In-One PC from MSI about 1,5 years ago it constantly freezes to the point that I have to hold the power button to shut the system down. No reaction. I've checked for viruses, RAM and disk health. It's all good. I update Win 10 regularly. It freezes wether I game or in idle. GPU temps around 50 degrees in idle. Only the last 2 days it happened twice. I checked the event registry but I can't find errors but the one that the system got shut down by force after the freeze.

MSI Infinite A

i7-8700 CPU
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

CPU temps around 39 degrees
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
100GB used from a 500GB SSD
No malware found

I still have a 30-day guarantee, but the ratings for the repair service are awful. I don't want to send my PC over there for a month and wait to get an even more damaged PC back. And it is not possible to find out for myself where the problem is, because I have zero practical hardware experience. I could replace any part until it finally works, but for the time and money I could buy a new one right away. Unfortunately the PC cost a lot of money. And who says that my next PC won't have such problems too. I don't know what to do next.

Please help!

Your PC can freeze from multiple various reasons.
I’d get out of the way the easiest ones, one by one.
Please find someone with a working PC and try replacing your parts with his/her’s, until you discover what’s wrong: memory, PSU, GPU, SSD.

If the problem persists, maybe there’s something wrong with the CPU, CPU cooler or the motherboard.
In this case, the best choice is to send it to the service center.

Last edited:
That's not an all-in-one system, that means there is one box with the components and screen on it, you have a normal PC tower system.

Unless you want to start replacing parts on your own you should contact the warranty support. Your post is a bit confusing though you said this was happening since you got it 1.5 years ago, why did you not contact MSI support then? Unless you invite a friend over to your house to look it over with spare parts, you will need to bring this to the warranty repair place to be looked at.

Did you already try a clean Windows setup? It should have a factory reset option that will wipe it and restore the operating system to like it was when new.

Reactions: Endre

Blizzforte

Prominent
Mar 2, 2020
I'm assuming you can pretty much encounter the freeze everyday?
What is the rest of the PCs specs including PSU make and model?
Yes, it can happen multiple times a day. Sometimes it takes weeks, sometimes only minutes. It's not dependent on what I'm doing.

Please find someone with a working PC and try replacing your parts with his/her’s, until you discover what’s wrong: memory, PSU, GPU, SSD.

If the problem persists, maybe there’s something wrong with the CPU, CPU cooler or the motherboard.
I have only 1 month of warranty left. Sometimes it takes several days or weeks until it happens. That means I don't have the time to try out all of the components and wait. Maybe it will stay clean 1 month and all of a sudden it happens again. Take this several times and I will have to try this for half a year or more.

The problem is the service center I have warranty with is garbage. 95% percent of all reviews from Google says it's bad. It takes weeks if not months until you get it send back and often even worse than it was before. I don't know if I want to try this but since I only have 1 month left maybe I have to. Or maybe there is another solution if I talk to the guys at the company where I bought the PC from.

Your post is a bit confusing though you said this was happening since you got it 1.5 years ago, why did you not contact MSI support then?
Yes, it happened for 1,5 years since I got it completely new and out of the box. It took about some days until it happened the first time and then it never stopped. I did factory reset the system several times but it never made a difference.

you said you got it 1.5 years ago and its been doing this since you had it?
Exactly, since I got it. The reason I didn't talk to the support earlier was because I though it would go away with updates and factory resets. I guess I should have been more consequent about it earlier.

Ferimer

Distinguished

The problem is the service center I have warranty with is garbage. 95% percent of all reviews from Google says it's bad. It takes weeks if not months until you get it send back and often even worse than it was before. I don't know if I want to try this but since I only have 1 month left maybe I have to. Or maybe there is another solution if I talk to the guys at the company where I bought the PC from.

Yes, it happened for 1,5 years since I got it completely new and out of the box. It took about some days until it happened the first time and then it never stopped. I did factory reset the system several times but it never made a difference.

Exactly, since I got it. The reason I didn't talk to the support earlier was because I though it would go away with updates and factory resets. I guess I should have been more consequent about it earlier.
If it has been happening since you got it, and you tried everything to rectify, you probably just have a dud Hardware component somewhere. Now that it has been a year and a half, it is going to be hard to determine what the issue is because a failing component can lead to others failing as well. I would honestly send it in and tell them what has been happening since you received the product. It would have been helpful for you as well to document any and all times this happened as the support that you choose could have had an idea.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS