My PC power on for half sec before turn off

Moe_6_

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
My PC was running fine until and get rid of one of my gtx 1080 (I was running it sli). So I decided to sell one of them since I find myself wasting money.
After that I had to update the gtx drivers and everything and beside that I use it normal for about 5 hours.
In next day when I tried to turned on. BOOM won't post at all. Just turn on for half sec and turn off back. And I won't be able to try again until I switch AC off and wait for 5 mins again and it will do the same!!!

I tried everything possible. I plugged off the cables and so on and even I took the motherboard off the case in case there is a short while I tried to swap gtx 1080!

Don't know exactly what is the fault
CPU? Mb? Or PSU

I tried take the CPU out and in also and same problem..!
I took the 8 pin CPU power off and the PC won't even try to turn on like with CPU power in. I tried clear CMOS and same problem

My PC spec
Asus x99-e
G.skill 3200 MHz
EVGA 1050W gold

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
does the motherboard show you a q code or any debug lights on?

what type of cooler do you have for cpu? how many cpu/case fans?

try installing your graphics card into another pcie slot, and remove all fans from motherboard fan headers except for the cpu_fan

also make sure when you clear cmos you unplug the psu and take the battery out, drain all the power from the pc before putting the battery back.

Moe_6_

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
I tried all things you mentioned up!!
I'm using liquid corsair cooler
Mostly the motherboard as I searched online. this type of asus motherboard known for these kinds of faulty.
I already ordered new motherboard and will see what will happen