[SOLVED] My PC powers on but my monitor does not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaNnZDy

Reputable
Jul 12, 2019
I recently built a PC but when I power it on, the PC turns on but the monitor does not. When I power on my computer, all my fans work (2 case fans, CPU fan, GPU fan, and PSU fan). I tried switching out the RAM sticks, and unplugging and re plugging some of the cables but the monitor still displays no signal.

AaNnZDy

Reputable
Jul 12, 2019
TUF x470-plus motherboard, GTX 1660 Ti graphics card, ryzen 7 cpu, 16 GB RAM 3000MHz DDR4, 250GB SSD (WD), 2TB HDD (Seagate), Corsair CX 750 PSU. Do you need anything else?

Last edited:

AaNnZDy

Reputable
Jul 12, 2019
If internal speaker available, try connecting it to the board and see if any beeps when starting the board with no RAMs.
Are you connecting the monitor to the graphics card? If yes, what video cable using? Can you test different RAM model?
The speaker does not beep when there is no RAM in the PC, but I'm not sure if I installed it correctly. I used a DVI or an HDMI cable to connect the monitor to the motherboard and I used just an HDMI cable when I connected my monitor to my graphics card. I dont have any extra RAM so Im not able to test it with a different RAM mode

Status
Not open for further replies.