[SOLVED] My PC randomly restarts, Is my PSU the problem?

Jan 1, 2021
My gaming pc randomly restarts while gaming. I have been using my gaming pc for about 5 months and recently I have moved my pc to the opposite corner of my room. Since then my pc has been crashing while playing Rainbow 6 Siege and Other games and will instantly restart. I have a

SG 650W Gold PSU,
2060 Super,
Ryzen 7 3700X
16GB ram.

So far I have checked drivers, windows updates, auto restarts from Windows, and my CPU temps are normal. I think the issue is my power supply but I'm not sure, I have used this power supply with no issue for a 5 months and now that I have moved my setup something is not working correctly. On HWMonitor my +12V is only around 10 is this a sign that my power supply is faulty? If my power supply is the problem is there anything I can do such as change outlets or move my pc back? Also is this detrimental to other parts of my pc or is something else causing my pc to restart?

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

See if returning the system to the wall socket where it was previously located changes your experience. Often times some house have proper ground on one side or aspect of the house while some areas have lackluster wiring or improper grounding.

I also don't prefer Segotep units. You might want to rule out the PSU being the culprit by getting a donor(from a friend or neighbor) PSU that's reliably built.

Yes, a PSU that is of bad quality can be detrimental to the rest of the parts it's connected to. The PSU is considered to be the heart of your system. If the PSU has a heart attack the entire system is affected. If the PSU is of reliable built quality, if it has a heart attack, it'll take itself out alone.

Lutfij

Titan

See if returning the system to the wall socket where it was previously located changes your experience. Often times some house have proper ground on one side or aspect of the house while some areas have lackluster wiring or improper grounding.

I also don't prefer Segotep units. You might want to rule out the PSU being the culprit by getting a donor(from a friend or neighbor) PSU that's reliably built.

Yes, a PSU that is of bad quality can be detrimental to the rest of the parts it's connected to. The PSU is considered to be the heart of your system. If the PSU has a heart attack the entire system is affected. If the PSU is of reliable built quality, if it has a heart attack, it'll take itself out alone.

Solution
Jan 1, 2021

Thanks! I will try returning to the other wall socket and getting a test PSU, other than that if it is my PSU and it needs to be replaced what brand and model PSU do you recommend?

TRENDING THREADS