[SOLVED] My PC randomly restarts when playing games. Although I think I fixed the problem I still have a question.

Nov 4, 2022
Hello, my PC kept randomly restarting when playing games. It was weird because some games were nearly unplayble because of constant restarts. For example, I couldn't play gotham knights for more than 5 minutes without my PC restarting, same case with fifa or detroit become human. Other games like cod, uncharted, god of war were working fine although it did sometime crash after a few hours.

My specs are:

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti
16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)
AMD Promontory B550A
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
500w bronze PS

I tried various ways of fixing the problem but it seems like one worked. What I did was go to AMD Ryzen Master. I lowered the ghz from the usual 4.6 and tried various ways till I had to lower it to 4.0,
I also lowered the Vcore voltage to 1.331. It's been 5 days since I did this and my PC hasn't crashed since. If I try to go any higher with this option my PC will start crashing again. So whats the reason behind this fix? Why do I basically have to underclock my CPU for my PC to work? edit: forgot to mention this wasn't always the case. I've had this PC for over a year now and it this problem started occuring around 3 months ago

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

500w bronze PS
500W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while bronze is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU? To add, you're in need of a 650W or higher wattage, reliably built PSU for your entire build.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

500w bronze PS
500W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while bronze is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU? To add, you're in need of a 650W or higher wattage, reliably built PSU for your entire build.

Solution