My PC randomly restarts, why?

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
This happens sometimes. When i open my PC, after a few minutes, it suddenly restarts for no reason(no warning, no blue screen). I know that my GPU is not the problem since it just stays at 38-40c when idle. Anyone know the reason why?

Hi there Melonator,

I would agree with slyverine.
Another thing you can do is to boot into safe mode and see if the issue persists. In case it does, then most probably it is hardware related. In case it doesn't, then it could be software one.

What are your system's spec?

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Henry-Johnson

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Replace or upgrade your power supply.

This occurred to me once since I had a computer whose original PSU died and I had to operate on a lower wattage one, which it would overheat and shut off unexpectedly. It would cause my PC to restart itself or just shutdown entirely. I finally found a much bigger PSU, and it worked perfectly.

As 13thmonkey said, a list of specifications and the model of your PSU would be helpful.

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

I have no idea what is the model my PSU, all i know its by corsair and it's 450 Watts

I have a core i3-4160
GTX 650 inno3D
10gb of RAM

Henry-Johnson

Reputable
May 7, 2015

How many hard drives do you have? How many CD/DVD drives? If possible, please give more details of your PC specifications.

When did this first start to occur? Was it after an upgrade or installation of hardware?

This may not be a PSU problem, though. Can you please give us the dump logs and BSOD information? I'm not the best at pinpointing out that sort of information but I might be able to give some sort of idea. Others are better at that so they may be able to help you more.

-Henry

Adnan195

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

Hello, I am having the same problem. Computer randomly restarts in out of nowhere. If you can please help me that would be great!
My specs are AMD 4300-FX Quad-Core Processor , Nvidia GT 730 2GB GPU, 1TB Hardrive, 8GB RAM, 64Bit. Running Windows 10.