My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD

claudiuct

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
So my PC, after working perfectly for a while started to randomly restart. Installed WhoCrashed and can't find any crash, so its just a restart. I've read posts about this problem and most people suggest its the PSU but mine is a brand new Corsair so I highly doubt it. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 x86, same problem. At some points I get restarts between 10 min and at some points it goes for hours with no problem. Heating is not the problme since CPU is always around 45-55 and GPU around 30-40

My PC config:
PSU: Corsair CX430 (brand new)
Motherboard: ASUS m57a78l-m lx
Graphic card: Sapphire 7730 HD 1gb ddr5 (brand new)
procesorr; 2.8GHz dual core
memory: 2 gb ram

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished
When you say it restarts, do you mean it just all of sudden turns off and you immediately have a black screen and then it boots up again, or do you mean that all of a sudden your PC will close out of whatever your doing, go to the desktop, and systematically restart as though you had actually told it to restart through Windows 7?

claudiuct

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Is like I'm restarting the PC myself from the button. No message no nothing, just randomly happens

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

because he wants to rule out it being faulty.

If your seeing the restart/shutdown screen, then its most likely windows update rebooting your machine. Or other software you installed.

claudiuct

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

I wante to reply and checked "SOLVED", damn. There is any way of checking of the PSU is faulty without putting another one?

claudiuct

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

There is any way of checking of the PSU is faulty without putting another one?

AxlMyk

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

Because your problem is indicative of a bad PSU.