[SOLVED] My PC randomly shut down and then no display

Dec 6, 2021
So i was playing Fortnite for about and hour and a half now and my computer just shut down and turned back on like 2 seconds after. I tried reseating the GPU, checked if there is a faulty ram slot/stick also removed the CMOs battery for 5 mins and put it back on, but neither of this solved my problem. I would be really thankful if you could take a minute and help me solve it!

My PC specs:
MB : MSI H61M P32/W8
CPU: Intel Core I5 - 2400
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Crucial
PSU: ARLT 500W 80+
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Ralston18

Titan
Just a one-time occurrence?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may have captured some error code, warning, or even an informational event that occurred when the shutdown happened.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may make it easier to identify the problem.

ARLT 500W 80+
This one?
arlt-mpt-5018ap-500w-80-80-plus-500-watt-71646.jpg

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I enjoy the exclamation point warnings. Too bad there wasn't one to not use this PSU; that's absolutely frightening. The 80 Plus certification is fake, too.

At best, this would be a poor quality, group-regulated PSU, designed for Pentium III-era PCs, not something modern with a GPU, let alone something you want to not die.

Replacing the PSU with something safe to use and cross your fingers that this one didn't destroy the GPU.