Question My Pc Randomly shuts off usually after high load

Sep 11, 2019
I have had issues lately with random shutdowns and re boots, I have had my pc for over a year now and all the sudden its started to randomly shutdown and restart usually after playing games or changing a bunch of tasks.

Build list,
Rog Strix Z-370E Gaming Mother board
i7-8700K OC 4.9Ghz
Corsair aio h100i that the RGB stopped working in
Trident z RGB Ram
Evga ftw3 1080ti
and a RM750x Psu by Corsair

My guess so far is that it could be the pus but idk why ive checked it over and it seems to be working by a visual inspection i thought it could be my aio seeing as the rgb died but that seems to be a pretty common problem and my temps are always good so i have no clue what it could be.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly have you tried removing your overclocks and see if the issue persists?
What CPU and GPU temps are you reaching under load?
Do you have latest drivers installed? (Including MB/Chipset drivers).
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Have you tried running on integrated GPU only?

Sep 11, 2019
Thank you, firstly No to everything i have just started investigating.

I just did a test a few days ago with heavens benchmark and my GPU was hitting max 70c and my CPU was about 74c but now as we speak im idling and my CPU is under any where from 40% to 80% load at 55c to 70c! this just started today so my guess is its my aio and its just died and started with the rgb?

Sep 11, 2019
Okay well so far I've undone all my OCs and my desktop has just become really slow and laggy when i open anything its to the point now that its taking minutes just to open files in file browser and multiple web pages and apps are crashing when i try to open or search for things.

I have all of my drivers updated haven't touched my BIOs yet.

Put my GPU under load it was perfectly fine temps were about 70c

So far ive been trying to get to a web page to download cinabench but i cant load anything will keep updated

Re added the OC to my CPU and its faster and loading properly again weird but ill just keep it like this for now