my PC reboot repeatdly every 3-5 Seconds?

tay12345

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Okay i did recently install a new cpu cooler but when i turned my pc on (windows 8.1) it loads up correctly the on the windows 8.1 loading screen(where the white dots make a circle) it reboots instantly.Sometimes it says on the loading screen "preparing automatic repair" then is either freezes or reboot. i tried the reach any bios settings but my keyboard did not even light up. My pc was running perfectly before i installed the new cpu cooler but after that i had problems. I did force shutdown my pc while i was playing payday 2 to install my new cpu cooler now i have problems and people have told me my cpu was fried but i don't think it wouldn't made to the loading screen if it was fried. Please help me ????

"preparing automatic repair" is the same as the Startup Repair... so, the cause is in Windows... there's a possibility that forcing the shutdown some system file suffered corruption. It's also possible the HDD suffered sector damage, that in turn damaging system file/s that were in the sectors.

But why did you have to force shut it down? Did it freeze? If you could not shut it down the normal way, it's possible the issue was already there.

My suggestions are:

1. The CPU is OK or the BIOS wouldn't even post, beep and no video would be active.

2. The "preparing automatic repair" message indicates a Windows issue so you have to run the Automatic Repair once you get the computer running without the reboots. When that's done and allows things getting done, a) Do the Startup repair (Automatic Repair), and b) run a chkdsk (chkdsk c: /r) from the Command Prompt. If you don't have the Windows DVD, you may be able to do the startup repair as well as the chkdsk from the Startup Advanced Options

3. The keyboard issue may be as simple as corrupt BIOS settings. Try resetting the BIOS before anything else.

Three Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow
http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

image151.png

tay12345

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015