Question My PC reboots and resets RAM speed to 2133Mhz ?

Feb 9, 2023
I have been having this problem for about two weeks, but unfortunately haven't found any solution yet.
It all started that when I turn on my PC, it restarts 3-4 times before Windows starts loading. After that, everything is completely normal including gaming performance.
One day I checked the BIOS, and I saw my RAMs were running on 2133mhz, however I set them long ago to 3200mhz XMP.
On another site I was told, that actually my CPU supports only ram speed up to 2933mhz. So I tried that as well, but the same things happens.

I live in England where you can switch the power on/off at the wall socket, I always do that during the night, or when I am not at home.
Today I tested out, that weirdly when I turn on my PC it reboots several times, resets the RAM speed, but then I turn it off and on again, it boots completely without changing the speed.
However, if I turn off the electricity, turn it back on and then start the PC, it restarts and puts back the speed to 2133.
I tried turning on XMP and changing the speed to 2933, and also without XMP, it didn't make any difference.
I hope we can find a solution, I got really no idea what is going on. I was using it on 3200mhz for years actually.

My PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
MB: Asrock B450 Pro4 (default BIOS, I've never updated)
RAM: G Skill Aegis 2x8GB 3000mhz
PSU: Corsair RM850
VGA: Gigabyte RX 6600XT

One more thing, I ran two Windows memory tests, both of them were successful without any errors.

Feb 9, 2023
How old is your build? Perhaps changing the cmos battery may help. Sounds like the bios is not remembering your settings until you give it power. Cheap enough troubleshooting attempt.
It will be 4 years old in July, so around 3.5 actually, the motherboard and CPU are the oldest components.
I was also thinking about BIOS update, I'll try for sure

Feb 9, 2023
Yes I figured after all that time the bios may have become a little corrupted. Updating probably refreshed everything you needed.
Update: actually the BIOS update didn't resolve my problem, it just seemed so
I replaced the CMOS battery and now it's working fine, looks like it was just too old and probably died or it didn't have enough voltage anymore