[SOLVED] My pc reboots randomly, can anyone help?

Jan 23, 2021
Hello,
Im fairly new to working with computers. I ran into this issue with my pc, that when playing games or doing something it suddenly turned off, and then back on again by itself. The problem happened a couple of times, and then slowed down a bit. Recently it has been happening a lot. I managed to recreate the problem using userbenchmark, the pc constantly "crashed" at the GPU part of the benchmark (before it even started) I toned down the problem a bit by lowering the GPU clocks using msi afterburner, but there wasn't much success. My friend suggested that i may be a driver issue so i did a "factory reset" of the AMD software. I checked event viewer after one of the crashes and the critical error listed was "Kernel-Power 41". Another thing i saw in the event viewer was when booting there would be a AOD.Driver4.3 error (unable to find the path specified) I figured i would uninstall MSI Afterburner as it may be a problem. After those 2 attempted fixes (and some messing around with the power settings) the problem persisted, only 50% less commonly (some times the benchmark went through) but when it happened the pc fans and lights wouldn't stop runnjng the screen would just go black and after the the "GIGABYTE Insistonultradurable" thing came up. I tried to do a clean windows install, let the windows updates run, and installed fresh AMD software. THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE.

FX6300
R9 380 4gb
Coolermaster 600w 80plus

I hope someone could give me some advice what i should try and what may be the problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Solution
when playing games or doing something it suddenly turned off, and then back on again by itself.

Bad psu. You have a 300W gpu, and a 125 or 95w cpu. Your system under a load will draw over 400w. You then have a group regulated psu of unknown quality. A real/better psu will fix it. If it was a driver issue it would crash to desktop, not turn off.
I've encountered something like this before, and it was a dead/faulty GPU. After the GPU the next suspect would be the RAM and the motherboard. Though, it's hard to tell when you have no spare parts to check.

I also noticed that you are probably using a PSU that is not very good. This doesn't sound like a PSU issue to me but either way I'd replace it with something better.

Reactions: Wet Bread

4745454b

Titan
when playing games or doing something it suddenly turned off, and then back on again by itself.

Bad psu. You have a 300W gpu, and a 125 or 95w cpu. Your system under a load will draw over 400w. You then have a group regulated psu of unknown quality. A real/better psu will fix it. If it was a driver issue it would crash to desktop, not turn off.

Reactions: Wet Bread
Solution
Jan 23, 2021
Hello,
thanks for the reply, you think lowering the gpu power limit and clocks would decrese the number of times this would happen? I only need this pc to work till the end of the year and i mostly play esports games.