[SOLVED] My pc reboots randomly during gaming

May 20, 2020
So basically when i am playing csgo for a while like 4 to 5 hours my pc reboots itself while i am playing the game. I downloaded rainbow six siege and it went ok the first time, i did some video settings, set them all at medium to get 100+ fps, my first game went fine but then my pc rebooted. Now everytime i click on the game, and its in its initial loading screen when the pc reboots. I thought it must have been overheating problem so i stress tested my gpu several times. It went ok during some tests, but in some it rebooted. The temperatures were fine though, for gpu and cpu likewise like about 84 C for gpu and bout 70 for cpu. So
I reapplied thermal paste on both the cpu and gpu just is case it was heating, but it still reboots. I finally decided that it was my gpu that was faulty, because i am sure the psu is fine. I have opened and cleaned the psu and all the components of my pc, but it still doesnt works. Today, i started a torrent in the background and played csgo using steam. My pc rebooted. I did it again, turned on torrent in background and played my game, and it rebooted again. While playing csgo, the pc doesnt reboots until after a long while, so this is something new, and now gpu being faulty seems doubtful. Could it be my hard drive because while torrent is open and downloading, i saw in task manager that the disk usage reached 100% and stayed above 90%. Could it be my RAM that causes the pc to reboot. My pc just doesnt shutdown, it reboots, also it doesnt freezes.
I used techgpuz to log temps and load on gpu into a file
When my pc rebooted during prolonged gaming the temps were 60 to 80 C range. But the load on gpu fluctuated alot
Could it be my Ram that is faulty or my cpu or hdd?
My specs are:
Gigabyte b85 and a stock intel cooler
i5 4460 processor
8 gb ram @1600 mhz
8gb ram @1333 mhz
1tb hdd
VS 650 Watt corsair psu
Sapphire r9 290(these tend to heat upto 80+ temps

Solution
I would look at the PSU. This is an horrible model. If the VS letters on the PSU are orange it's the old model and it's even worst. Would not surprise me that it just decided to give up especially if you had it for a few years.
May 20, 2020
I would look at the PSU. This is an horrible model. If the VS letters on the PSU are orange it's the old model and it's even worst. Would not surprise me that it just decided to give up especially if you had it for a few years.
Yah, the problem was my psu, it started restarting even in normal work routune after a prolonged time, so replaced it, Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS