[SOLVED] My Pc recently started Freezing/crashing Windows 10

fluffypantsextreme

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
I am hoping to get help figuring out what is causing the Freezing up with my computer because i am not very experienced .

So first off , i Just replaced the RAM and PSU in my Gaming Pc . The Power supply was my friends old one and the RAM is brand new . My computer did not have these issues before we put in the new ram but i used windows memory diagnostic and it did not find anything wrong with the new RAM :( .

When it freezes, most of the time everything is completely unresponsive with a loud buzzing sound coming from the speakers until i force it to shut down . but twice i have got blue screens that say "sorry your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart" X% . both came with Stop codes on them , one with an extra "what Failed" section .

I did follow the link to the windows site that had possible fixes for both errors(i have pictures of the bluescreens) , but eventually after doing Checkdisk, memory diagnostic , and system file checker with no errors i looked into checking event viewer to see what was on there and this is where i got overwhelmed . My event viewer was extremely slow loading and i have no idea what anything in there means anyways XD but i do have a dump file that i have no idea what to do with .

I could definitely use some guidance if possible :D

Solution
Turns out i had my Ram "overclocked"? with and XMP profile in the bios to 3000mhz . i looked at all the memory support for my motherboard and at the very bottom it says "when running ddr4 2933MHz or higher , the stability of the system depends on the CPU's capabilities"

I disabled XMP in bios(putting the RAM back at its native speed), and it has not crashed or froze again .

fluffypantsextreme

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
ok so a lot of the errors are just saying "the previous shutdown was unexpected" and the only one that stands out to me is one that says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000024, 0x000000000000000d, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80120ab47dd). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3187f6ca-3b92-4713-b1b1-272c9f908e7c."

I have the .DMP file but i cant open it or anything .

From doing a Google search with that error code, I get the impression that this can be caused by a driver problem. Open Device Manager and look for any entries with a ! or ? to the left of them. If all the drivers are OK, I'd check the temperatures.

fluffypantsextreme

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
All of the drivers seem to be okay . I probably should have mentioned that i have been watching my temps on everything before and during the freezing and i didnt see any temps above 60 degrees C besides my cpu in speccy was reading around 78 degrees C . but i think that speccy is reading my cpu temps wrong because Im using MSI Afterburner & Ryzenmaster to monitor my CPU temps as well as speccy and Speccy reads like 20 degres C higher idle than MSI Afterburner&Ryzenmaster does .

I did also make sure windows was up to date and update my graphics driver in Geforce experience

View: https://imgur.com/etBGgNy

Last edited:

fluffypantsextreme

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
I just now got a brand new ssd that i had ordered a week back . I am also wanting to try to move my OS to the ssd from my HDD, im wondering if can bypass a lot of the possibe software issues because wont i have to reinstall everything anyways ?

I dont really know if i would have to buy windows again or not but i have the product key i originally used to activate windows last time .

fluffypantsextreme

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Turns out i had my Ram "overclocked"? with and XMP profile in the bios to 3000mhz . i looked at all the memory support for my motherboard and at the very bottom it says "when running ddr4 2933MHz or higher , the stability of the system depends on the CPU's capabilities"

I disabled XMP in bios(putting the RAM back at its native speed), and it has not crashed or froze again .

Solution