[SOLVED] My pc refuses to turn on

Nov 30, 2021
I have a pretty decent system that i used to game on. A few years ago it started using 100% of my disk when i was trying to download games and would eventually end up freezing the entire PC and then i had to force-restart the entire PC. Eventually it just refused to boot up again, no fans running no nothing, i've tried different cables, different power-outlets. I am sitting here baffled at what could be wrong with it. I am told it could be 100 different things but i dont know how to troubleshoot it.

Since i cant access the pc because it refuses to boot up, i'm having difficulties finding out what the actual specs are.
But i do have a few of the specs........

Graphics: 2x SLI GTX 680's EVGA
Motherboard : GA-X79-UD3 Gigabyte
RAM: Dominator Platinum Series - 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 Gold Power Supply
One of the hard drives: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps 32MB Cache 3.5-inch Internal Hard Drive

I wish i could give more info about the specs but i just cant.

Solution
I cant get to the BIOS... There are no fans spinning the PC just doesnt turn on, almost like there's no power at all. Yes i disconnected all the cables from my HDD's
Have you checked to make sure the cables that allow power to the motherboard are connected? The small cables that run through it? have you double checked those? I would try a complete removal of all cables and any and all hardware that you can and re seat and re plug everything back in. Clean everything up and get it all back into the pc and go from there, if it doesnt boot up at all then you could have a fried PSU or even Motherboard could be done
I just tried that and i got no response, still the same. So im thinking the power-supply is faulty?
Are you sure you disconnected both the cables to each of your HDDs? There should be both a power connector and a SATA cable connected to each HDD in your system.

How are you trying to get into the BIOS? Are you hitting the Delete key repeatedly immediately after turning the PC on?

Nov 30, 2021
Are you sure you disconnected both the cables to each of your HDDs? There should be both a power connector and a SATA cable connected to each HDD in your system.

How are you trying to get into the BIOS? Are you hitting the Delete key repeatedly immediately after turning the PC on?
I cant get to the BIOS... There are no fans spinning the PC just doesnt turn on, almost like there's no power at all. Yes i disconnected all the cables from my HDD's

Ferimer

Distinguished
Have you checked to make sure the cables that allow power to the motherboard are connected? The small cables that run through it? have you double checked those? I would try a complete removal of all cables and any and all hardware that you can and re seat and re plug everything back in. Clean everything up and get it all back into the pc and go from there, if it doesnt boot up at all then you could have a fried PSU or even Motherboard could be done

Solution
Nov 30, 2021
Tried it.. Still nothing when i click the power button.