[SOLVED] My PC restart at special moment of the game

Oct 18, 2019
My PC work fine inprowsing or whatching videos but when I play games and in Special moment of game PC restart like monster Hunter world in Special cutscene PC restart and watch dogs 2 when I explode thengs PC restart and many games like that I need to fix this problem please my PC is workstation hp z400 and I have Xeon w3680 rx580 and 8gb ram and I install latest gbu driver so please I need help

Solution
So to fix this problem I must buy new psu ok can you advice me what psu I must get because my case is hp z400 original case so what psu I must get.
It's not that easy unfortunately. HP used a non-standard PSU design with different mounting holes and a 24-pin connector that does not match up with retail PSUs.
But the swap is do-able. You'll need a short adapter cable for your Z400 and some alternative way of mounting a retail PSU in the case. See this video for way around that problem.
Any good quality 600W or better PSU should be more than enough for that system. The 700W like in the video is a good choice. I would try the new PSU outside the case temptorarliy first to be sure that was your problem. That way...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like a power supply issue when the game(s) get to a very graphically demanding moment. Check next time if the card is at or near 100% usage just before the system crashes.

Are you running the stock 475W power supply? If so, it is barely marginal for most RX 580 and a 130W CPU.

Oct 18, 2019
Sounds like a power supply issue when the game(s) get to a very graphically demanding moment. Check next time if the card is at or near 100% usage just before the system crashes.

Are you running the stock 475W power supply? If so, it is barely marginal for most RX 580 and a 130W CPU.
But PC works fine to much time fine and I play 20 hours monster Hunter world why the cutscenes do that and same with watch dogs 2 playing to many hours and when I explode something PC restart

Oct 18, 2019
But PC works fine to much time fine and I play 20 hours monster Hunter world why the cutscenes do that and same with watch dogs 2 playing to many hours and when I explode something PC restart
You say it's power supply problem then why he is work too much time and restart in special moments

Oct 18, 2019
I explained that. It could be the PSU is marginal. You never answered my question about which PSU you have?
I have 500 w PSU and he came with case and he works fine for 1 year but when I upgrade PC I change the CPU and GPU this problem happens and I update bios to support new CPU

Oct 18, 2019
I meant the make and model of the PSU. 500W means nothing. PSUs that come with the case are notoriously cheap and poor quality. I suspect that is your problem.
So to fix this problem I must buy new psu ok can you advice me what psu I must get because my case is hp z400 original case so what psu I must get.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It's not that easy unfortunately. HP used a non-standard PSU design with different mounting holes and a 24-pin connector that does not match up with retail PSUs.
But the swap is do-able. You'll need a short adapter cable for your Z400 and some alternative way of mounting a retail PSU in the case. See this video for way around that problem.
Any good quality 600W or better PSU should be more than enough for that system. The 700W like in the video is a good choice. I would try the new PSU outside the case temptorarliy first to be sure that was your problem. That way, if it doesn't solve the issue you can return the PSU for a refund.

Solution