Question My PC restart at startup before BIOS endlessly after RAM and power supply upgrade.

Jun 18, 2019
Hi,
As the title says, I've recently upgraded my RAM and my power supply on my PC.

(1×8) ADATA XPG DDR4 AX4U213338G15-SBF

Xigmatek X-calibre XCP-A500, 500W

To:

(2×8) Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz

EVGA 100-w1–0500-kr 500W

After the upgrade, when I turn on my PC, the fans are working correctly and the leds turn on too, but my monitors, mouse, keyboard and headphones doesn't turn on. I don't even reach to the BIOS. After ~10 seconds, the PC turn off but then after ~5 seconds, it turns on again by itself. And it seem doing that endlessly.

Yes, It happened before since day 1 of my PC. Occasionally it happens but after tine 3th to 8th time it boots correctly and works perfectly. The majority of times, it's boots at the first and less frequently, it boots on first try but with a blue screen of "It didn't boot correctly or something like that" with the options;
Continue, exit and continue to win 10
Use a drive
Troubleshoot
Turn off your PC
And then it boot at right after it or it keep restarting again and the it boots.

I thought that doing that update, it would be fixed. But now I can't start my PC. I'm thinking that it's maybe the RAM because it react like if there wasn't any. I've tried with only one stick, the old one, the second one, remove it and then putting back. It keep doing the same thing.

Thanks for the help and by reaching this point!

Specs:
(Well you know the RAM and the power supply)
GA-H110M-S2PV (DDR4)
intel core i5 7500
GTX 1050ti
WD Blue SSD 500GB
(And 3 other HDD that I don't remember their models, one it's segate 1T, and two WD blue 500GB and 250GB I think)

Hi,
As the title says, I've recently upgraded my RAM and my power supply on my PC.

(1×8) ADATA XPG DDR4 AX4U213338G15-SBF

Xigmatek X-calibre XCP-A500, 500W

To:

(2×8) Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz

EVGA 100-w1–0500-kr 500W

After the upgrade, when I turn on my PC, the fans are working correctly and the leds turn on too, but my monitors, mouse, keyboard and headphones doesn't turn on. I don't even reach to the BIOS. After ~10 seconds, the PC turn off but then after ~5 seconds, it turns on again by itself. And it seem doing that endlessly.

Yes, It happened before since day 1 of my PC. Occasionally it happens but after tine 3th to 8th time it boots correctly and works perfectly. The majority of times, it's boots at the first and less frequently, it boots on first try but with a blue screen of "It didn't boot correctly or something like that" with the options;
Continue, exit and continue to win 10
Use a drive
Troubleshoot
Turn off your PC
And then it boot at right after it or it keep restarting again and the it boots.

I thought that doing that update, it would be fixed. But now I can't start my PC. I'm thinking that it's maybe the RAM because it react like if there wasn't any. I've tried with only one stick, the old one, the second one, remove it and then putting back. It keep doing the same thing.

Thanks for the help and by reaching this point!

Specs:
(Well you know the RAM and the power supply)
GA-H110M-S2PV (DDR4)
intel core i5 7500
GTX 1050ti
WD Blue SSD 500GB
(And 3 other HDD that I don't remember their models, one it's segate 1T, and two WD blue 500GB and 250GB I think)

Have you tried clearing the CMOS memory after the upgrade? Sounds like there's an incorrect bios setting- to clear it is usually either a jumper or a button you press just to clear the memory and reset all the settings to default. It's worth a try...

Jun 18, 2019
I found the pins of CLR_CMOS, there was no button or a jumper, so I took a screwdriver, hold the pins and then I turn on the computer. Nothing seems to happens, it just go on loop as before. So I tried this again and it seem to only prevent the PC to turn on, immediately after removing the screwdriver, it go back to the loop.

Mr.Frisfruit

Prominent
Jun 17, 2019
(Update)
I've returned with the Xigmatek power supply and the XPG ram module but nothing changed. It still doing the same thing.
Doesn't your mobo have one of those small round batteries? Usually near the GPU. You can take that out and put it back in after 5 minutes to clear the cmos. I've had a similar issue once and this fixed it.

Jun 18, 2019
Doesn't your mobo have one of those small round batteries? Usually near the GPU. You can take that out and put it back in after 5 minutes to clear the cmos. I've had a similar issue once and this fixed it.

I removed the battery and putted it back after 5 minutes as you said but it doesn't seem to change something. It still doing that.

Jun 18, 2019
(Update)
I've reconnected moved the old power supply in the case and after the 6th time, it boots! (Everything is like at the beginning). Now, what should I do to fix that restarting loop at the beginning? Now I will try to install the new memory and see if it works.

(Update #2)
The 16G of ram worked, now I will try the new power supply.

(Update #3)
The new power supply dosen't boot my PC, compared the the old one that it boot after some restarts. Should I ask for a refund for the EVGA power supply, or keep it?

Last edited: