Question MY Pc restarting when playing High end Games

May 4, 2019
hay guys my pc is restarting when i start any high end games like Pubg or any other game [csgo is running smooth no restarting in csgo ]

i play every game but i face this prob from last 20 days

my pc spec

cpu :- i7 8700
gpu :- 1060 6gb
Ram :- 16 GB
Psu :- corsair vs550
i am also using cpu coolar

i check my temp but it's not high

Recommended System Power for 1060 6gb is only 400 watts so a Corsair VS550 can easily handle that.

You don't mention your memory part number. 16GB memory is a vague description. It could be your choice of memory or your memory BIOS settings causing problems.

Recommended System Power for 1060 6gb is only 400 watts so a Corsair VS550 can easily handle that.

You don't mention your memory part number. 16GB memory is a vague description. It could be your choice of memory or your memory BIOS settings causing problems.
550w can handle it but the problem with the VS550 is not the wattage, its the quality.
It's a low-quality PSU that may be unstable or be failing which could cause it not to deliver 550 watts with stability.
Memory could cause an issue.

May 4, 2019
i can run my pc whole day without playing games like just working or surfing internet but when i start games this prob came restart again and again i also upgrade drivers.

is there any chance that problem is in GPU ?

The problem is the the GPU is likely demanding more from the PSU than it can supply under gaming loads....and, if you have had this equipment configuration for a while, the PSU has probably aged-out to where this is now a problem where it potentially was not an issue before.

PSUs in use are a moving target with respect to reliability...they always degrade.

May 4, 2019
this problem start from last 15-20 days i play every high end game from last 1 year i did't face any prob and now i do everything like

1. remove all fans
  2. remove 1 8gb ram
  3. turn off led strip
* i remove my GPU then started benchmark on gpu everything working fine no prob but when i use gpu it's Removed me up

Last edited by a moderator:

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Fam, your power supply is not giving enough power, instead of giving excuses to not replace a poor quality power supply, save up and buy a new one instead, or that power supply will lead to the rest of your system getting fried in secs.

Just like what @AllanGH said if it nukes it self its your fault we gave you the advice and you kept running from it.

DSzymborski

Titan
I have a similar issue except it restarts even when the pc is idle ( while not just gaming). event viewer shows a kernel power error.

Please start your own thread with your own specs and a detailed description of your problem and circumstances. Do not randomly jump into someone else's thread. You wouldn't barge in on someone's doctor's appointment just because you overhead they have vaguely similar symptoms, would you?

this problem start from last 15-20 days i play every high end game from last 1 year i did't face any prob and now i do everything like

1. remove all fans
  2. remove 1 8gb ram
  3. turn off led strip
* i remove my GPU then started benchmark on gpu everything working fine no prob but when i use gpu it's fked me up
Yeah, all typical of a poor quality psu problem. PSU’s deteriorate with time and usage, poor quality psu’s deteriorate faster especially when stressed in gaming pc’s. The GPU is the biggest power draw of the system when gaming so explains why removing everything thing works.

The only way to prove it is the psu is to try a good quality psu. It might be something else but the most likely cause seems the known poor quality psu. That psu is a risk to the rest of your system. They are known to fail and can damage other components when they do.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed with all above that this is indicative of a poor power supply problem.

It certainly could be something else, but there is no magic way of telling until you replace one part and retest, and it's most likely your PSU. So try that first - and replace it with a good quality unit so that as @sizzling states, you don't risk taking the rest of your components with the PSU if the worst happens.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

yakamaster

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Please start your own thread with your own specs and a detailed description of your problem and circumstances. Do not randomly jump into someone else's thread. You wouldn't barge in on someone's doctor's appointment just because you overhead they have vaguely similar symptoms, would you?
in fact i have posted my own thread but couldn't find a solution. The guy who started this thread(deswal) had replied in my thread too. so i thought this thread might help me.