[SOLVED] My PC restarting while idling

Ege Ogul Kadir

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Hello guys, it is start two days ago when my pc idle mode it is restart after couple minutes.
For now i try changing the PSU and it still persist,
i try to use my pc without gpu and problem still happening also when i try to prime95 test (smallest one) result is sudden restart.
İ test my ram with memtest and there is not any problem with them too.
My pc spec is:
CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: rtx 3080 asus
Mobo: z370 gaming 7 aurous
Ram: 3000 mhz 2x16gb
PSU: Thermal take RGB 1200W
i am using AIO cooler for my cpu and my cpu heat 35-45 degree while idling.
I did not OC my cpu and gpu.
i have latest bios for my Mobo
Hwinfo file: https://ufile.io/l3mhdkx4 while using prime95 blend mode nad furmark it also restart my pc couple min after

Solution
My first guess would be that the PSU does not like the load transients from the CPU going from sleep to max boost and back to sleep again when there isn't much for it to do. The easiest way to test this theory is to go in the BIOS and disable low-power(C6/C7) states while using the "performance" power profile to increase the PSU's baseline load.

If the "crash/reboot at idle" problem goes away, you most likely have a transient response at low load issue.

Lutfij

Titan
A system rebooting while idling is indicative of either a PSU failing to power the entire system or that you have a grounding issue or that you have a thermal issue. Make and model of your AIO cooler? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You state changing the PSU what was the prior PSU's make and model? Speaking of PSU, Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 1200W is the wattage and RGB is RGB, what is the model of the PSU? How old is the unit?

Out of curiosity, what was you GPU prior to the GTX3080 on your current platform?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of the restarts.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may prove very helpful towards discovering what happened "two days ago".

You can also right click errors for more detailed information. The details may or may not prove helpful.

Look in Update History and updates (successful or otherwise) from "two days ago"?

Ege Ogul Kadir

Reputable
May 11, 2017
A system rebooting while idling is indicative of either a PSU failing to power the entire system or that you have a grounding issue or that you have a thermal issue. Make and model of your AIO cooler? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You state changing the PSU what was the prior PSU's make and model? Speaking of PSU, Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 1200W is the wattage and RGB is RGB, what is the model of the PSU? How old is the unit?

Out of curiosity, what was you GPU prior to the GTX3080 on your current platform?

ı have thermal take AIO but i dont know the model. First PSU model is : TPG-1200F1FAP Second one is: tpg-1050f-p first one is new i bought it couple months ago second one is 4 years old maybe more. i dont have thermal issue i guess when i do prime95 blend test i only see 80 degree.

Ege Ogul Kadir

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of the restarts.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may prove very helpful towards discovering what happened "two days ago".

You can also right click errors for more detailed information. The details may or may not prove helpful.

Look in Update History and updates (successful or otherwise) from "two days ago"?
i just get kernel 41 (63) error

Ralston18

Titan
Quite a number of possibilities:

https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error-windows-10/

Read the link and look for other similar links as you feel necessary.

Then, without changing anything go through the various windows and configuration settings to determine the current configuration. Keep notes as necessary for reference purposes.

After that, then make changes as seem to make sense and are straightforward to make. For example, turn off all power savers. Reinstall audio drivers.

Any driver installations should be manual. Download from the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party software to do driver installs.

What you do not want to do is make multiple changes all at once or start downloading software claiming to fix the problem. Some of those products will show up no matter what problem is being addressed. Likewise, stay out of the Registry. Registry editing is a very last resort and should only be done if the system and registry are fully backed up and you know you can execute a recovery.

InvalidError

Titan
My first guess would be that the PSU does not like the load transients from the CPU going from sleep to max boost and back to sleep again when there isn't much for it to do. The easiest way to test this theory is to go in the BIOS and disable low-power(C6/C7) states while using the "performance" power profile to increase the PSU's baseline load.

If the "crash/reboot at idle" problem goes away, you most likely have a transient response at low load issue.

Solution