Question My PC restarts 3 times, then I get 3 beeps ?

Mar 19, 2023
hello everyone , i had a problem with my pc 2 days ago ,in these 2 days i tried many methods to fix it but with no luck

it happened after shutting my pc and plugged out my vga card which is rx 470 to re add thermal paste ,after doing it , i put back the vga card and then the pc kept starts on then restart after 2 seconds it did this 3 times then 3 short slow beeps

and a red light which is on the board which is asrock h87 fatality ,the board has 2 bios 1 and 2 with a jumper to a recover

anyway ,i tried 1st thing to plug out the vga card again and try without out but ive got the same 3 beeps and restarts

tried the rams ,i have 3 rams which were working great a second before plugging out the vga card ,but i pulled them all and cleaned them and tried one by one with no luck same beeps and restarts ,i tried the bios 2 but i have got the same thing with the red light too ,tried to clear the cmos with no luck too ,got another cmos battery still same ,l did try another powersupply which did not work too , then last thing is to reseat the cpu and clean the pins ,it was good with no bent pint and put it back ,but still the same , i tried the built in vga card

hope if someone can help me with that ,thank you for your time

Mar 19, 2023
i7-4770
ASrock H87 Fatality
12GB RAM DDR3 1600
Sapphire RX 470 4GB
500W PSU (I have been using this for 2 years with no porblems at all till this all happened)

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
It sounds like you have tried many troubleshooting methods already. Have you tried reseating all the cables, including power cables and data cables? Also, have you checked the CPU cooler to make sure it's properly seated and functioning correctly? It's possible that the issue is related to the thermal paste application or the CPU cooler. Additionally, have you checked the manual for your motherboard to see if there are any specific troubleshooting steps for the 3 beeps and red light? Sometimes the manual can provide helpful information.

Mar 19, 2023
Yes sir i have tried to all of these things ,and i checked the manual which refer to memory which is working fine in other pc
i checked the cpu and fan and i did the thermal paste ..nothing seems connected to the problem which give 3 beeps 1st second i open the pc :(

D

Deleted member 14196

You will have to use your motherboard manual to figure out what three beeps mean

it’s possible you damaged the ram when you pulled it out. Press down hard until it clicks. If it’s not in there right it’s going to cause all kinds of problems.

disable the splash screen in the BIOS so that you can see what it’s doing when it boots and what error code you actually get

if you’ve tested your ram and CPU on another system and they work, then it’s your motherboard most definitely

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 19, 2023
Thank you sir, but the beeps just started when i took the gpu out ,,,,the beeps in the manual refer to memory ,which is all working
i think it is the cpu or the mobo