Aug 14, 2020
So I built my pc a couple months ago and everything has been great. This thing is a beast I went over budget but couldn’t be happier with my pc. The only problem that has occurred is that I rehoused it to another case a week or two later due to not liking the first one. When rehousing I broke a pin on the front usb 3.0 io but it seems to be a grounding pin or something. Idk all I know is one front USB port doesn’t work but that’s unrelated because even with that unplugged the pc runs fine so I don’t believe that’s the problem. Anyway fast forwards to a week ago I launched Minecraft for Windows 10 to show a friend and it just restarted black screen cpu fans power down then about two seconds later comes back on. Very weird I was like odd whatever. Well now it plagues me. I’ve tried everything in the book troubleshooting wise and am willing to do it all again. It was starting to do it as soon as I attempted to log in to Windows. I forget what I did but it stopped doing that and continued to reboot and random times. It seems unrelated to graphics as one time it happened when I changed all my settings in risk of rain 2 to high and it did it yet browsing the web or looking at files did it other times. Look. I just need to fix this any way I can. If you have questions ask. I’ve also reset the pc once and am currently resetting fully now hoping it’s a virus or Windows issue of some sort that followed my account idk. Please help.
TLDR: pc resets to black randomly multiple times a day. Tried everything I could think of. Will try anything.

Solution
ok i ran that on each hd and ssd and external hd everything has suddenly been working and no viruses found. im still scared to leave the external hardrive plugged in though.
Try checking for Critical errors in the Event Viewer, around the time your PC last crashed, and see if there's a useful error code given.
As already mentioned, list your entire components, and try running a memtest64 to see if the RAM might be the problem. If your system crashes too often for memtest64 to complete 3 passes, try using memtest86 instead, for which you need to boot from a USB in which memtest86 has been installed.

Aug 14, 2020
system specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
ASUS - ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Seagate FireCuda Gaming 2TB SSHD
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe
corsair vengeance 16gb ram (2x8gb) 3200
inland premium 1tb ssd nvme
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC White 8G windforce
corsair rm750x 80 plus gold white
corsair icue 220t tempered glass with stock fans and 3 corsair ll series fans
cooler master hyper 212 black edition with 2 Arctic BioniX P120 (White) - Pressure-optimised 120 mm Gaming Fan with PWM Sharing Technology
Acer ED323QUR Abidpx 31.5 Inches WQHD (2560 x 1440) Curved 1800R VA Gaming Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC Technology - 4ms; 144Hz Refresh Rate
Acer KN242HYL 23.8" Full HD 1920 x 1080 60Hz 4ms DVI HDMI VGA Built-in Speakers WideScreen Backlit LED IPS LCD Monitor
razer cynosa chroma
razer deathadder elite
audio:
behringer um2 audio interface
behringer c-1
whxm1000 m3

Aug 14, 2020
As already mentioned, list your entire components, and try running a memtest64 to see if the RAM might be the problem. If your system crashes too often for memtest64 to complete 3 passes, try using memtest86 instead, for which you need to boot from a USB in which memtest86 has been installed.
Like 3 loops?

Like 3 loops?
Yes, memtest runs in passes, basically one pass goes through your entire RAM once, but it's not 100% accurate, so it's recommended to run at least 3 passes to get as close to 100% accuracy as is practical. More than 3 passes will increase this accuracy further, but it only gets diminishing returns and never truly hits 100%. Still, it can usually detect errors in 3 passes.

Aug 14, 2020
Huh it went through 6 passes no problem and I haven’t rebooted since I reset my pc so I feel it’s software. The only difference I can think of is I haven’t plugged in my external hard drive with my personal files. Maybe that has a virus I’m waiting to plug it in after I possibly have a problem but considering nothings happening I’m tempted to plug it in and see.

Huh it went through 6 passes no problem and I haven’t rebooted since I reset my pc so I feel it’s software. The only difference I can think of is I haven’t plugged in my external hard drive with my personal files. Maybe that has a virus I’m waiting to plug it in after I possibly have a problem but considering nothings happening I’m tempted to plug it in and see.
You can do a virus scan, but usually a virus residing somewhere other than the C: drive shouldn't be able to crash the system, still it's of course recommended you do a full scan, preferably with Malwarebytes anti-malware.

Aug 14, 2020
ok i ran that on each hd and ssd and external hd everything has suddenly been working and no viruses found. im still scared to leave the external hardrive plugged in though.