Question My PC restarts/enters sleep and resets BIOS when i turn it off!

mikber.mb

Commendable
Jan 11, 2020
Hi! I recently built a PC to use for gaming/work. I am going to explain in steps what I did.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: PNY CS900 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Toshiba 640 GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

1. I ordered every part, some new, some used. But after i built it, it seemed to work fine! (before i installed windows).
  2. I got a led strip off ebay and cut the strip but when i was making an cord for the strip, i accedently shorted all the wires on my Led_cpu port. The PC shut off and came to life short after. But something on there smelled burnt.
  3. After that i have a few problems:
-1. The bios resets every time.
-2. The pc won't turn off when i press the "Shut down" button, it won't turn off if i hold the power button either. It acts like it is restarting and going to sleep at the same time. After i hit turn off it takes 5 sec and i am back at the sign in screen. So i have to force it off by swithing the PS button.

PS: The Mobo was bought new and has a 3-year warranty. Can i use it to get a new one?

Any suggestions? Please ask if you have any questions since i didn't really use a lot of time writing this :)

Sounds like a mobo issue. I would return it. But make sure you've plugged in those little cables at the bottom right of the motherboard correctly, the ones that connect to the power and reset buttons. The colored cables are the positive end and the white/black are the negative.

mikber.mb

Commendable
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like a mobo issue. I would return it. But make sure you've plugged in those little cables at the bottom right of the motherboard correctly, the ones that connect to the power and reset buttons. The colored cables are the positive end and the white/black are the negative.

Tried flipping it and checking the pinout. But still the same issue. I bought the mobo from "komplett.no" and they state that if it is the users fault that the product has been damaged, they will charge extra to fix it. Do you think this is my fault?