Question My pc restarts suddenly without any error message

Jun 5, 2020
I am new to this forum site

My pc restarts suddenly once or twice a day without any error msg if go and checked window event viewer it show "Kernel-Power" as critical. Can u give any suggestions
My PC Configuration

AMD FX-8350
Asus M5A97 2.0
Corsair 8 GB ram
GIGABYTE GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card (GV-N1030D5-2GL)
Samsung 250 evo SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB hardrive
Corsair VS450 PSU

65435gfr42234

Commendable
Sep 13, 2018
Hello Premdon,

my son's pc has that same graphics card and is having the same issue. It restarts when things get tough.
It even restarts when he plays Minecraft, but only when using shaders.
It's been to the repair shop twice, first they changed the graphics card and later the PSU (it's a NOX 650 series now).

Still rebooting.

They have been unable to crash it using 3D testing programs. This only happens with games.

So my guess is it might be the card model and a problem with the drivers, a faulty mother board or maybe an incompatibility with the graphics card and the motherboard.... what do I know.

Have a look at this thread if you're still experiencing problems. I'll test what's said there this weekend and if nothing works, I'll ask for a replacement of that crappy card for another model:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
Hello Premdon,

my son's pc has that same graphics card and is having the same issue. It restarts when things get tough.
It even restarts when he plays Minecraft, but only when using shaders.
It's been to the repair shop twice, first they changed the graphics card and later the PSU (it's a NOX 650 series now).

Still rebooting.

They have been unable to crash it using 3D testing programs. This only happens with games.

So my guess is it might be the card model and a problem with the drivers, a faulty mother board or maybe an incompatibility with the graphics card and the motherboard.... what do I know.

Have a look at this thread if you're still experiencing problems. I'll test what's said there this weekend and if nothing works, I'll ask for a replacement of that crappy card for another model:

Dear 65435gfr42234,

I am experiencing the same, i thought that it was psu and I have borrowed a psu from my friend and tested but it does fixs the issue.

I don't know how to fix it 😔

May be downgrade the graphic driver and test it.

Regards

Premdon009

TRENDING THREADS