Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Hi guys
I recently bought an asus gtx 1080 strix and put it into this build:
I7 4790k devils canyon
16g ddr3 ram at 1333 MHz (2x8)
msi z97 gaming 5
OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001 (Hdd 2Tb)
G-sync monitor.
So when i got the 1080 i removed my old gpu (gtx 770) and put the 1080 in without uninstalling the drivers. When i booted it up with the 1080 i wiped my sdd and hdd so i only had windows and started reinstalling all the drivers. I got it all to work fine and still does. I decided to launch the game "unturned" when i got in the game i cranked all the settings up to max and got ready for the massive masterrace boner i was about to get, but to my disappointment when i got into a game i only rocked 50-60 FPS How come?
all help is highly appreciated. :)

The Guitar Egon

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017

cause i had a lot of random garbage on my ssd and hhd so i wanted to have a fresh start :)

The Guitar Egon

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017

I tried doing 3dmark's benchmark and it gave me a score of 6572 so i guess it's something wrong with the game?

SUPAH SHARP

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
Ok first off I have a 1080 as well and overclock to 2Ghz and I don't even play on max settings but still get about 60 fps in 1440p, vsync off, everything you should be doing, but the thing is larger maps (russia, hawaii, germany) will suck VRAM and unturned is terrible because it tries to always render the entire map in terms of player radius, not actually what you see on screen. You will do much better on games that aren't unturned with constant radius, for example I can play Rainbow six siege at 1440p @75 fps at very high settings consistently. Unturned is just a shitty game to benchmark. But it's also partly Unity engine's fault. And also sometimes bumping up the power limit on your gpu can help a bit. Games made in directx or unreal engine will generally run better especially if you can choose Vulkan over Open GL, because developers will just have more options to make your performance be better.