[SOLVED] My PC seems to be "poisoning" my wifi router. How can I fix this?

Dec 7, 2019
Anyone know what might make a PC "poison" a wifi router? Like, the router works just fine until I connect my PC to it, then it reboots itself endlessly (making itself unusable) until I disconnect my PC... it was working just fine earlier today but started acting up this evening. Thought it might be some malware on my PC being blocked by my ISP... tried stopping my cryptocurrency miner but that didn't help...

PC is an Acer desktop, don't recall the model number but I can look it up on my Amazon order history if need be. It came with integrated wifi; I didn't need to buy an external adapter.

Router is a Sagemcom Fast 5260 which Spectrum provided.

Solution
I did create a torrent not too long ago, but no one was downloading it. A technician came out from my ISP today and replaced the router, and everything seems to be working now.
The reason I asked about torrents is that it creates hundreds or thousands of simultaneous transactions on the router. That can cause problems. But if the ISP replaced it and you are happy then good for you.
Dec 7, 2019
I did run MalwareBytes and it didn't turn anything up. I noticed if I connect to my 2GHz network instead of the 5GHz network that I was using before, the router does not reboot...

Dec 7, 2019
I did create a torrent not too long ago, but no one was downloading it. A technician came out from my ISP today and replaced the router, and everything seems to be working now.

kanewolf

Titan
The reason I asked about torrents is that it creates hundreds or thousands of simultaneous transactions on the router. That can cause problems. But if the ISP replaced it and you are happy then good for you.

Solution