So 3 weeks ago i got a new monitor and after i plugged it in, i noticed that whenever i touch metal parts in peripherals or my pc's case it would shock me. Before i bought the new monitor this was only an issue years ago for a couple of months after i built the pc. I don't remember how the first issue got fixed.
Sometimes this happens when you have poor grounding and outlets that allow certain mixed connections you do not anticipate. First thing I'd try is this. Look at the power cord from the new monitor. Does it have a TWO-prong plug on the end - no third prong? If so, look more closely and see if one of the prongs is wider than the other, or are they both the same?
If they BOTH are the same, unplug the Monitor from the wall outlet and plug it back in with the plug simply turned over. This reverses which prong is in which slot of the outlet. IF it was wrong before, this may eliminate the shocks.