-asus h110m-d
-intel core i5-6402P
-nvidia geforce gtx 750Ti

my pc shut down when playing games
- temp - cpu - 65
-gpu 80

why that happen ??

Solution
i mean pc still shut down. i already scan for virus. evrything ok. also run DDU and install gpu driver. still pc shut down when playing vid game.
- i think gpu is too hot . 80 degree or cpu problem. i'm not sure
80C is fine for the gpu. That's not the shutdown temp - 95C is.
Same deal for the cpu - 65C isn't bad, 100C is the critical temp.

It sounds like you need a new power supply.
Have you run Memtest86 yet?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
3 of the most common reasons for system shut offs/restarts, and what you can do about them:
1)Power supply.
The only real remedy here is a brand new one.

2)Driver corruption.
First, run your antivirus/anti-malware programs. Adwcleaner is a nice, free tool.
Second, run Windows system file checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Third, download and run Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current gpu driver(s), and then install the most recent for your gpu from the manufacturer's site.

3)Memory corruption.
Download and run Memtest86 free version. It takes a few hours, so run it overnight. The results should be error-free, and without system hangs or crashes.
If errors are found, you will have to replace the memory.

May 5, 2020
3 of the most common reasons for system shut offs/restarts, and what you can do about them:
1)Power supply.

2)Driver corruption.
First, run your antivirus/anti-malware programs. Adwcleaner is a nice, free tool.
Second, run Windows system file checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Third, download and run Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current gpu driver(s), and then install the most recent for your gpu from the manufacturer's site.

3)Memory corruption.
Download and run Memtest86 free version. It takes a few hours, so run it overnight. The results should be error-free, and without system hangs or crashes.

hello ...
my specs -
-asus h110m-d
-intel core i5-6402P
-nvidia geforce gtx 750Ti

my pc shut down when playing games
- temp - cpu - 65
-gpu 80

why that happen ??
1)Power supply.

2)Driver corruption.

3)Memory corruption.

thank for the reply
  • i already do the second option but not working.
  • i change the power option - then processor power management - i set maximum processor state to 85% (default 100%) then my pc not shut down but my game laggy. why ??
  • windows 7 64 bit.

May 5, 2020
1)What do you mean it's not working?
Did the system freeze/crash during the scan? The scan finished, but nothing changed?

2)Cpu draws less power, total system draw is lower, but core frequency is also reduced.

i mean pc still shut down. i already scan for virus. evrything ok. also run DDU and install gpu driver. still pc shut down when playing vid game.

May 6, 2020

Overheating of components forces system to shut down to protect components from getting damaged...

check the temperature levels of components..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
80C is fine for the gpu. That's not the shutdown temp - 95C is.
Same deal for the cpu - 65C isn't bad, 100C is the critical temp.

It sounds like you need a new power supply.
Have you run Memtest86 yet?

Solution