Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
My PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
GPU: XFX Rx 590
MOBO: MSI A320M VH PRO PLUS
RAM: 1x8GB DDR4-2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix

The Problem:

My PC is relatively new. Bought it +15 days ago aproximately. The problem started like a week ago, when I was normally using my PC and then it suddenly shutdown, the keyboard and mouse lighting went off, the display was gone, but, the fans in the tower (CPU and Tower Fans) were running and their LED was on. Then, days later, had the same problem but twice. Now, I didn't use the PC for 2 days, and today I decided to fo my homework and then play some games. Like 1 hour after browsing the internet, it happens. Shutdown, tower fans and lights on, display, keyboard and mouse off. I did the same thing I did before when this shit happened: wait 10 seconds, turn the pc off from the backswitch, wait again and the turn it on. But now, it shuts down more often, less than 15 mins after using it, and I'm panicking to be honest. When it shuts off, the CPU EZ Debug Light turns on.

Things I've tried to resolve this:

-Increase the cpu fan RPM to full speed.
-Bad Memory Test
-Changing the RAM slot
-Creating a new energy management plan in Windows and configuring the setting "shutdown HDD after x time" to never shutdown
-Updating drivers
-Increasing GPU Fans RPM

Don't really know what to do anymore. I'm really freaking the fuck out. The PC was working perfectly, but then this happens. You can use the PC normally until the shutdown occurs (all apps launch, I can open anything).

I beg for your help, I'm down to my fucking knees. Please, anything.

gabrielmovez

Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
There are two main things that can cause a PC to randomly shutdown:
1- bad PSU
2- VRM/CPU thermal trip

Use HWInfo or other similar utility to keep an eye on CPU temperature, maybe you have poor/no contact between the CPU and HSF.
I forgot to mention that the temperatures I got from the CPU on the MSI Afterburner, were 35°C minimum and 45 máximum under a relatively idle state. Also, can you explain me with detail about that "VRM/CPU thermal trip".

My PC is relatively new. Bought it +15 days ago aproximately.

Did you build the computer from parts you bought? or is it a pre-built you bought fully assembled?

If it's a pre-built then follow their process for contacting their tech support and/or take it back to the store you bought it from. You shouldn't be worrying this problem, they should. You should have a system that works.

Last edited:
When a CPU or VRM overheats, the first response is thermal throttling - reduce clocks to reduce power dissipation. If that isn't enough to rein temperatures in, the last resort is thermal trip - forced power-off.
Yeah, that a320 is likely the culprit here and the OPs only solutions are a new B350/450 motherboard or the cheaper solution is to underclock and undervolt.

@gabrielmovez
That motherboard has lights indicating problems on boot. Does it show any error/debug lights when you boot up after the system has shutdown? The lights are above the 24pin PSU power connection.

Last edited: