Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
My pc specs are:
Gpu-sapphire rx 580 4gb and Gtx 1060 6gb
cpu-amd fx 8350
ram-6 gb
mobo-gigabyte GA-970 Ds3
Psu-cooler master thunder 600w
My problem is that it does not shutdown while playing all games but only with some of the specific one's like when I play GTA 5 , Watch dog 2 ,and many i have not tried as i know the result But games like CS:GO , Max payne 3 , Far cry 3 and Pubg Mob Works great at ultra settings. At first i thought it was the gpu faulty but i tried gtx 1060 with which only 30 min of gta 5 my pc got shutdown So i thing it is the fault of MotherBoard.
Can anyone tell me plz what is the problem ????????
Edit: Does the screen size make any sense in this problem Coz its 15-16 inchs
Thanks
Shailesh:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
My psu is 3 years old but i checked it in another psu it has the same problem.

Well what was the other PSU you tried lol? If it was just some rando 300w from an old Dell or something then it too could cause shutdowns when gaming... After a shutdown can you check event viewer, maybe look under Windows Logs > System and all you see is event 41 power - unexpected shutdown and there are no other glaring entries anywhere then for some unknown reason your PC is dying and rebooting because of lack of power. Are you using a power strip or is it plugged directly in to a wall outlet? If so try plugging the tower directly in to an actual outlet and see what happens 🤷‍♂️

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
My psu is 3 years old but i checked it in another psu it has the same problem.

Well what was the other PSU you tried lol? If it was just some rando 300w from an old Dell or something then it too could cause shutdowns when gaming... After a shutdown can you check event viewer, maybe look under Windows Logs > System and all you see is event 41 power - unexpected shutdown and there are no other glaring entries anywhere then for some unknown reason your PC is dying and rebooting because of lack of power. Are you using a power strip or is it plugged directly in to a wall outlet? If so try plugging the tower directly in to an actual outlet and see what happens 🤷‍♂️

Solution

Shailesh Lohmod

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
I am using a power strip. According to you what psu is best for this card . one last thing can motherboard cause pc shutdown.
Thank you for the reply

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Today i went to a shop and he checked the card it is fine but he told me that its Clock speed is locked and recommended to update its bios . so could you tell me how to unlock the clock speed and update bios.:D

Going to need the whole story about exactly what you brought to the shop, exactly what was tested, and exactly what they found. Because the solution makes little sense; a throttling CPU doesn't cause the image above and while the motherboard doesn't officially support this CPU, if you've been running it for years, I fail to see what BIOS update will accomplish here.

Going to need some clarity here. By adding a possibly incompetent computer tech into the mix, there's just too much confusion here for me to provide any additional help otherwise.

Shailesh Lohmod

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
Going to need the whole story about exactly what you brought to the shop, exactly what was tested, and exactly what they found. Because the solution makes little sense; a throttling CPU doesn't cause the image above and while the motherboard doesn't officially support this CPU, if you've been running it for years, I fail to see what BIOS update will accomplish here.

Going to need some clarity here. By adding a possibly incompetent computer tech into the mix, there's just too much confusion here for me to provide any additional help otherwise.
Bro i have 3 cards Gtx 1070 ti , 1060 and rx 580 and i tested all these in rx 580 i am able to play some games but on the other both i cannot and yeah with gta 1070 and 1060 the pc turns on perfectly with showing the Mbu bios and name while starting.
I went to a shop he tested all the cards with FURMARK and all the cards were good. But rx 580's clock speed was locked at 1100 as it is second hand bought from a minner.today i check the event log it showed me EVENT-41 (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) Now I have ordered the Cooler master thermal gel Which will solve the overheating I think SO>>
Sorry for the Late reply...
Thank you V much
Edit: Bro actually i could have solved it from a shop but i live in INDIA where no one knows about the gaming pc much only few shops are there which are about 30km away a way too long and I am not able to take it there.