Question My PC shuts down if my liquid cooling stops making noise.

Aug 2, 2020
Hello, I have a somewhat peculiar problem for which I cannot find much explanation, but it happens to me and brings me problems from time to time on a regular basis.

It turns out that my PC suddenly shuts down and I can't turn it back on as when I turn it back on it takes a few seconds to turn on and automatically shuts down, and I already confirmed that this is due to CPU overheating as liquid cooling is not working correctly.

I say it is because of the liquid cooling since when all this happens to me, your solution despite how strange it may seem is to remove the pump from the CPU, move it a little (sometimes hit it lightly) and put it back, you are You may have to repeat this several times (or the first time) and it is solved by turning it on correctly.

But with the times that I have done it, I noticed that when the pump makes the typical noise that I understand is because of the bubbles that are made inside, the PC turns on, if it don't make that noise on it, it won't turn on, and I don't know what I can do, how to handle this problem, it's super weird xD (if it don't make that noise the liquid cooling still works but the PC won't turn on)

My liquid cooler is called Corsair Hydro Series H60, and I changed the thermal paste to my CPU a week ago and this problem reoccurred today: c

I accept any advice, being in online classes I need this not to happen to me and less in a test or something, otherwise I will have to change the refrigeration if there is no solution.

Thank you very much in advance (and sorry for my English) :)

Last edited:
Looks like the pump on your Corsair is having a problem - sometimes it works (and then all is ok) and sometimes it does not (and then CPU overheats). That's a bit strange because usually if pump fails it just stops working for good. Maybe it is a problem with pump's cable or motherboard header used to power it.

Aug 2, 2020
Looks like the pump on your Corsair is having a problem - sometimes it works (and then all is ok) and sometimes it does not (and then CPU overheats). That's a bit strange because usually if pump fails it just stops working for good. Maybe it is a problem with pump's cable or motherboard header used to power it.

I just checked the BIOS and it does not detect cpu_fan, that is my problem now that I see it, and when it makes that strange noise it is because it is working.

I tried to change to another header of another fan, and the bios did not detect only the header where I connected the AIO, therefore the header is not the problem.

The worst thing that when I manage to fix it randomly, at some point sooner or later the same problem happens again :(

Last edited: