[SOLVED] My PC Shuts down randomly

Nov 28, 2020
Hello everyone!
This is my first thread here. I would be happy if anyone could help me out.

I have just bought and built a new PC yesterday but seems like I am encountering issue in which my PC randomly shuts down leaving the RGB light on my Motherboard and Rams lighted up. When I tried turning back on, all of my hardware are on but it couldn't load anything so I have to turn off the main switch and then I am able to power on again.

If I recall the first time I encounter this issue was when I tried switching the refresh rate for my two Prism+ X270 Pro monitors from 60hz to 144hz. As I wasn't sure what was happening, I decided to try playing Marvel Avengers to see if its anything related to my graphics card. After playing for a short while, my PC randomly shuts down yet again.

As I suspect it could be the issue with my 3070 so I decided to replaced it to my previous graphics card from my old PC (GeForce 750 Ti) and everything seems to be working fine for now.

Not too sure if the issue lies on my 3070 or it could be something else.

Here are the specs for you smart people to check it out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600XT
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3070 Master 8GB RGB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750W Gold Full Modular
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2

Last edited:
Solution
Any chance you could try the card in another system? To troubleshoot card itself, power supply or Windows/drivers.

Perhaps a PC shop could help if don't have anyone with parts to try with.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Welcome Kingbizcliz

Have you tried running the 3070 at 60Hz to see if it still shuts down? Try one monitor and at 60Hz and see if shut downs still occur.

What is power management mode set to in NvidiaCP? If it's on optimal power, try set it to prefer maximum performance before setting Hz higher than 60. See how you go. It could be a driver bug, possibly power related. See if setting power management mode helps troubleshoot.

Nov 28, 2020
Welcome Kingbizcliz

Have you tried running the 3070 at 60Hz to see if it still shuts down? Try one monitor and at 60Hz and see if shut downs still occur.

What is power management mode set to in NvidiaCP? If it's on optimal power, try set it to prefer maximum performance before setting Hz higher than 60. See how you go. It could be a driver bug, possibly power related. See if setting power management mode helps troubleshoot.

I have tested just running 144hz on one monitor and it still shuts down randomly, then I tested with one monitor on 60hz and there were no issue.

Nov 28, 2020
Head to Geforce forums and let them know of your findings. Hopefully a different or new driver from now will help.

Can you elaborate on what you did exactly concerning power management mode and Hz please.

Seems like the same issue happens again today even if both of my monitors refresh rate are at 60hz :(