Question My pc shuts down when playing games at 1080p but not on 720p

Aug 23, 2019
Hi! Im having a problem. Whenever I play at 1920x1080p my pc suddenly turns off at a random point of time. But when I'm playing at 720p it doesn't shut down even if im playing for 4 hours straight. The one thing that I noticed is that when the pc turns off all the components are still on. The fans, gpu, cpu. The only way it works again is if I hard reset my pc off and on. My temps doesnt exceed 80% and I already used stresstest on my gpu.

Cpu- i5-2400k
8 gb ram
Sapphire rtx 580
Thermaltake 600w

The PSU is junk, but your PC is not "shutting down" either. If it were "shutting down" all of the parts inside the case wouldn't still be running.

And what is a "hard reset"? Pressing the reset button? Holding down the power button and waiting for it to turn off and then you turn it back on again? Or do you actually have to flip the switch on the back of the PSU and turn it back on again?

Aug 23, 2019
The PSU is junk, but your PC is not "shutting down" either. If it were "shutting down" all of the parts inside the case wouldn't still be running.

And what is a "hard reset"? Pressing the reset button? Holding down the power button and waiting for it to turn off and then you turn it back on again? Or do you actually have to flip the switch on the back of the PSU and turn it back on again?
Holding the power button and waiting for it to turn off and turn it on back again.