[SOLVED] my pc shutsdown when my gpu is plugged in help

Aug 10, 2019
I have a ANF FX 4300
32GB DDR3 1600ghz
Radeon 7770 2gb gddr5

please help i plug in the 6 pin port in my gpu so it's powered but instead my pc shuts off completely and I can turn it back on unless I remove it is there a fix?

Solution
Then most probably the GPU, video card is faulty then ? I would also make sure to check the CPU thermal paste, heatsink/fan etc.. Also, try to reseat the RAM on the slot once again. If need be, use 1 stick of RAM module.

Which Motherboard do you actually have ? Does it have support for onboard graphics, igpu ?
Then most probably the GPU, video card is faulty then ? I would also make sure to check the CPU thermal paste, heatsink/fan etc.. Also, try to reseat the RAM on the slot once again. If need be, use 1 stick of RAM module.

Which Motherboard do you actually have ? Does it have support for onboard graphics, igpu ?

Solution

If you have multiple GPU pcie cables and pulled one from a bag, make sure it's the one designed for your power supply. Even though the molex connector might fit perfect the pin out can be different from one brand to the next

Reactions: da_boii_
Aug 10, 2019

I think it is the gpu since a couple of days ago I did smell smoke because of that I took a break its probably my gpu

Reactions: digitalgriffin