Question My pc slowed down after moving it to new location

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Hey,

i have a question regarding my PC that is much slower after I moved it to another location. So my setup is: i7 3770k, 16gb RAM, 480gb SSD + 3 HDD, PSU: 650w bronze Corsair TX. I checked my temperatures (CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD), they are all fine. One fan on case was kinda loose after moving, so i just turned it off (via Scythe Kaze Server), didn't disconnect him. PC booting takes like 3-4 minutes, as well as shutting it down. But the problem doesn't end there, it is kinda sluggish in performance with the programs too. Sometimes it opens word document, or chrome fast like it was before (other times it doesn't), but there are to many artifacts in performance.

At last, my PC was renewed with new installation of windows 10 in January 2021, as well as new C drive (480gb SSD), so I just can't find what the problem of that sluggish and poor performance is. If anyone knows anything about this kind of situation, it would mean a lot to me!

Thank you in advance,
Lovro

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Well as I said, since it was 8 months ago that I put new windows 10, bought in store, I really doubt that it is causing the problems. I moved one month ago, so it was working perfectly smooth and fast till then.

JohnnyAx222

Honorable
May 2, 2015
Probably paranoid, new windows updates, drivers and stuff sometimes slow down pc, its just pure coincidence.Your pc is probably fine.
EDIT: need to learn to read it whole, but again i think its just something running in the background.

Reactions: Benjamin22044

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Well I thought of that too, but now it is 3 weeks till I moved, and all updates were executed. I ran the disk health check up in crystal disk info and it says: Good 100% with kinda hot 53 celsius. They I ran Crystal disk mark, and what a surprise, it is not slow, it is kinda dead.. it is not even 30mb read write. I don't know how it is even moving. I mean it is not that slow (slower than a HDD). I tried with HD tune and it says Read error, couldn't even preform task. How it is possible to have this kind of problem after moving to other location?

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
I understand, but it is in use 10h a day, with heavy tasks (even when I moved, it was in use that amount of time). It boots slowly and shuts down slowly, and runs poorly, but not to the extent it is not usable. Even though it runs sluggishly but sometimes at quite a generous speed with opening tabs, videos etc., lets presume it is SSD that's kinda broken, since the dreadful speeds. Is there any solution other than reinstalling windows and all programs? Some kind of tool to fix broken sectors or whatever there is that is broken? I really don't wanna go to that process again, I have so many programs, subscriptions etc. that reinstalling everything will take weeks.
P.S. this PC is used for Lightroom, Photoshop, Da Vinci Resolve, but also music production, with programs such as Sibelius and Cubase

Reactions: Benjamin22044

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
Never have I ever heard such a situation when PC goes slow in working after changing the location. Perhaps some connections went lose and if you do not know much, you can call an expert to help you.

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Thank you for your answers. Well it was tied with the rope, and other person held to it, while I was driving. And I did it multiple times in the past few years, nothing strange happened. I guess it really is a coincidence. I will try the cables if some are loose!

lovstipcev.moz

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Maybe I am into something, just found out, even though on my task manager, it says 1-20% Disk, when I go to Preformance tab, I clearly see, 3 HDD 0% and C drive (SSD) 100%. I only once see that in my past very old laptop with HDD, but this is new SSD, so don't know what to do.

TRENDING THREADS