My Pc slowed down with no reason help ?

Fizy45

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2014
Hello again I have a problem and I need assistence.

As title says my pc has slowed down in the last week and its windows performance is terrible but strangely game performance is still great.

What I mean by that when I open games etc it works like a charm but windows takes huge time to load and sometimes even opening one website is painful.

For me the reason is harddrive cause all my games on other drive and my windows drive have some sort of problems cause whenever I open windows it always wants to check(scan erros) the disk in dos screen just before the windows login screen I do it most of the time but no matter how many times I make it ask me to do it again on next startup.

In the last week I have done many things like full virus scans deleting most programs registery clean etc and I created a new user account I saw little improvement but still works below its performance.

So what can be the problem ?:

Is my main harddrive dying ?

Anything else ?

What can I do any specific diagnostic to find out what is wrong with pc especialy harddisk ?

Specs:

I7 4770 K
MSI Military Class MSI MS 7823
ASUS GTX 780
Toughpower 750 watt
2x4 Kingston Ram
3x 1 TB DISK (One of them has the windows games and other stuff on the other disk)

Fizy45

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2014

Yeah I know that I lack ssd.

C drive is for windows and main programs I use for work only basic stuff like photoshop office after effects and some others I try to keep it clean as possible I can.

D drive is purely for gaming

F drive is backup of all my stuff photos,old job entries and basic program setups to install in case of an emergency or format.

Except D all drive are working at %50 capacity but the D drive (games) its %80 cause I installed a lot over steam :D

I can but first I need to identfy the problem and from there I will move on !

jhall18

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

The problem is that your hd is starting to slow down. The solution is to purchase a fast ssd and install your games and os on there, it will be a lot faster.