My PC speakers are too soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

My PC speakers are too soft

We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.

But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
We have increased the volume to FULL.

The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.

Can anyone pls help us out ?

Thanks
Kim

<kimshapiro100@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My PC speakers are too soft
>
> We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.
>
> But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
> We have increased the volume to FULL.
>
> The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.
>
> Can anyone pls help us out ?

Start, All Programs, Acessores, Entertainment, Volume control.

Ensure that the sliders for Volume Control, Wave, and SW Synth are up.

<kimshapiro100@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My PC speakers are too soft
>
> We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.
>
> But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
> We have increased the volume to FULL.
>
> The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.
>
> Can anyone pls help us out ?
>
> Thanks
> Kim

Sounds like you've plugged the speakers into the wrong jack. Double check
you have them connected properly.

-bruce

On 10 Feb 2005 21:11:25 -0800, kimshapiro100@yahoo.com wrote:

>My PC speakers are too soft
>
>We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.
>
>But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
>We have increased the volume to FULL.
>
>The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.
>
>Can anyone pls help us out ?

Are they powered speakers? Some older PCs had amplification on the
sound card, providing sufficient power to drive passive speakers.
Modern PCs generally don't - they require powered speakers.

Look in Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices for the volume
controls. Probably behind an Advanced tab. Everything full up?

Some sound systems have clever software allowing the same few sockets
to be used for surround sound, inputs, outputs etc. Find the
control applet and check the settings.