[SOLVED] My PC stopped booting overnight, cpu is not posting

LanderSK

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
Hey, I was just using my pc the last evening, turnd it off and today the motherboard LEDs are lighting up saying there is a cpu proble, the pc doesnt boot, monitor doesnt pickup image.

It has this weird cycle, i have tried it, after every maybe 5 restarts the pc just does a quick restart and tries to boot again.( when in the phase of ''booting'' not even the reset button on my pc case works.).

I am running( or if you prefer i was running :( ) an i5 7600k OC'D to about 4.6GHz, 16GB of 4x4 hyperx 2666Mhz RAM, a psu from evga the GQ 650 , gtx 1080 armor, the mobo should be a gigabyte z270x ultra gaming, the cpu is watercooled with an AiO from NZXT. I tried to reset the pc many times with either disconnecting cables, restarting, nothing just works. I dont know what to do and I am thinking of maybe taking out the CMOS battery and letting it rest for 30 or so minutes and seeing if that will help. Pls help :D

Solution
Ok, problem solved by pure luck, just took out the CPU blown some air on it took out the CMOS battery for 20 minutes put all back in and it works now.

LanderSK

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
Ok, problem solved by pure luck, just took out the CPU blown some air on it took out the CMOS battery for 20 minutes put all back in and it works now.

Solution