Question My PC stopped turning on. It only displays the BIOS then shut downs. Whats the problem

ramavz7

Prominent
May 21, 2019
PC specs:
Processor: Athlon X4 760K Quad Core
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4Gb
Graphic: GTX 650 Ti (2xMolex to 6pin)
PSU: Generic Power Supply 750W
Motherboard: GIGABYTE F2A68HM-S1 (FM2/FM2+)

Only used this system for a week.. even if i play games, it suddenly shut downs and restart. It was fine using this as a workstation but it suddenly started to not turns on and just display the BIOS. Help

Certainly, one should slap in a new PSU to rule that out, a rig power itself off is frequently the PSU, plain and simple...

Failing hard drives will rarely cause a unit to hard power off, barring the odd complete short internally; in any event, the OP can disconnect all 'components not 'essential to power on' components like USB headers, all SATA/M2 drives, etc...

You should also make sure that something is plugged into CPU FAN header...; some motherboards will not tolerate running with no cpu cooler at all...

You can remove the GPU if your mainboard and CPU support integrated video...(naturally, a weak PSU might be overloaded by the 100-150 watt load of almost any GPU as well....so, PSU is still first place to start...)

NOTE: If you change PSUs, do not reuse ANY modular cables from old PSU, they are not interchangeable...(Frying a GPU, all SSDs, and/or the mainboard, etc., is not a good way to start off the 'tried new PSU' step...)

ramavz7

Prominent
May 21, 2019
Could be a dying hard drive, could be a dying PSU. You should replace the PSU anyway, 'Generic' power supply is always a bad sign and you're running a high risk of failure with such a unit. Random shut downs while gaming can most likely be associated with PSU, sometimes the RAM. Start with the PSU.
Ok sir. I'm gonna try and buy a True Rated Power Supply. Hope it works. Thank you.