Question My pc stopped working after upgrading my cpu

May 21, 2020
Hello guys!
3 days ago I got an upgrade for my cpu (upgraded from ryzen 3 1300x to ryzen 5 3600), I updated my bios So that I can run my new cpu, updated the chipset drivers and it worked. But because I thought the cpu temps are higher than usual and i disnt put that much thermal paste on it, I decided to re-adjust the cooler and apply more thermal paste.

When I tried booting again, everything would get power ( the ram, sys fan, cpu fan, gpu fans) , but the ez debug clu led was lit and the pc wont turn on.

I tried putting in the old cpu back, but it didnt change anything, tried clearing cmos, checked all my power cables, took the whole case apart and back together multiple times, tried the push down the powr button and turning on/off the PSU, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any clue whats happening, let me know please!

My specs:
CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia 1060 3gb OC
MOBO: MSI b450m pro m2
RAM: crucial ballistax 2x8gb 3200mhz
400w PSU

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
From your story I'd say we should start with the point of failure and thats your re-mounting of the cooler.
  • is the system working with the 1300x?
  • is there anything wrong with the socket? Thermal paste in the holes? Broken pin stuck?
  • did you break or bent pins on the 3600?

Cheers