[SOLVED] my PC stops processing alltogether while fans glitch out, not sure if this is a software or hardware isssue

Apr 12, 2022
So for the past few months my pc just has random fits completely unrelated to what I'm doing at it. It stops processing or maybe takes a few minutes to register my cursor moving or me trying to shut it down all while 2 of my corsair fans rgb goes insane, flashing random colours on each separate led rapidly (interestingly only the icue compatible corsair ones). If I leave it alone for a loooong time it will either start working normally again or give me a blue screen. Code:UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, then if I try start it again it gets stuck booting until it gets BAD SYTSTEM CONFIC INFO. Restarting or turning it off doesnt do anything, ittl continue its fit into the new restart (if it actually starts which is unlikely). The only way to stop it is actually plug it out, wait several minutes then try again. Another way to make it stop is to push the tower slightly or more specifically the cable going into the psu, which used to be a sure fire way to stop it but doesnt do anything now. I've tried having task manager open and catching it, seems like absolutely everything is normal usage wise and I know every single program taking up the most in the task manager. It also comes in another variant where processing is absolutely fine, the fans go slightly less ape <Mod Edit> and it's just my audio that turns into quiet static for a few seconds at a time. All this used to happen once a month, then weekly and now finally pretty much daily so I cant really use my computer anymore. It functions absolutely flawlessly when it isnt doing whatever this is. My computer is self built by yours truly, has a ryzen 5 3400 I think and an rtx2080ti, along with 16gb of ram and a lot of 1tb, 2tb and a 4tb harddrives. I tried reinstalling windows, which seemed to fix it but it returned stronger a few days later. I made sure the ram sticks were in properly, cleaned it out too. I did several virus scans and found a few, removed them but that never helped.
It only stops when i purge the entire system of energy by holding the power button while unplugged. When the pc is working normally and i nudge the cable or shake it (dont judge me i was deperate) nothing happens, it keeps working normally. It's not overheating whatsoever while spazzing out. I think that's every single detail I can muster, thanks for reading this wall of text and thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

What storage drives? makes/models?
which one is C:?

unexpected store exception refers to virtual memory. Virtual memory is a mix of ram + page file. Page file is on C drive

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022
what are specs of the PC?

What storage drives? makes/models?
which one is C:?

unexpected store exception refers to virtual memory. Virtual memory is a mix of ram + page file. Page file is on C drive

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
here you go :) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DmZi7jKSE1nGD5G_un5vg9isMbp2bIJo/view?usp=sharing

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/pvrgohka/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:041222-9546-01.dmp (Apr 11 2022 - 22:06:32)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: SearchApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:041222-9265-01.dmp (Apr 12 2022 - 06:54:54)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:041222-8781-01.dmp (Apr 12 2022 - 07:05:29)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:041222-11468-01.dmp (Apr 12 2022 - 06:44:13)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:041222-10015-01.dmp (Apr 12 2022 - 06:33:41)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution