Question My PC stutters constantly upon startup for 10 to 20 minutes then goes away

Apr 15, 2020
Not sure what the issue is the computer is brand new, all the drivers are up to date. It doesn't happen every time I fire it up but seems to be happening more frequently. Any tips on what I should be looking at?

Apr 15, 2020
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Tuff Gaming X570- Plus
Gpu: XFX radeon rx 5700xt Raw 2
Psu: Thermaltake smart 700w
Storage: 860 evo 500gb
Mem: Crosair vengeance lpx 8gb x2

Ps: if i put the pc to sleep instead of shutting down when it comes back up i don't have the stuttering also there is a noise glitch/stuttering to go along with the visual stutter.

Is this a pre-built system? It doesnt sound like it, since the parts are all decent, but if it is, you really should reinstall Windows 10. Some manufacturers load some garbage on the PC when they make them. If you did build it yourself, it still might be worth reinstalling Windows anyway.

First though, check what programs are running on startup, and disable any that you do not need to run automatically.

If you have upgraded from old hardware, it might not be enough to install the new drivers. You may need to use programs like DDU to completely uninstall any previous drivers you may have had installed.

Reactions: RodroX
Apr 15, 2020
I built it, purchased everything brand new within the last month. When i look in task manager or resource monitor I seen nothing drawing alot of usage while the stuttering is happening. Also checked event viewer and nothing. As for programs i have steam and uplay and a few games downloaded other then that nothing else.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Tuff Gaming X570- Plus
Gpu: XFX radeon rx 5700xt Raw 2
Psu: Thermaltake smart 700w
Storage: 860 evo 500gb
Mem: Crosair vengeance lpx 8gb x2

Ps: if i put the pc to sleep instead of shutting down when it comes back up i don't have the stuttering also there is a noise glitch/stuttering to go along with the visual stutter.
Is that 860EVO the sum total of your storage? Exactly how FULL is it?

500GB is not much drive space in a modern system. More than a couple AAA games installed and Windows could start thrashing hard enough even an SSD will scream mercy.

Reactions: RodroX

TRENDING THREADS