[SOLVED] My PC suddenly acts weird, fans starts blasting and monitors lose signal from PC ?

Oct 21, 2021
so a couple weeks ago my pc started to do this, it would out of nowhere lose connection to my monitors and all fans will start blowing extremely loud and the only fix i can do is shutting the pc down by holding down the power button. Its starting to happen more and more and last few days it has happened multiple times daily.
I have monitored my gpu and cpu temps and they seem perfectly fine, gpu usually doesnt go above 50celcius and cpu is about the same so i doubt its heat issues.
The pc is only 10 months old but i have a feeling it might be the power supply being done. What do you think?

My specs are :
Intel Core i5 10400F
GTX 1660 super
Corsair CV 550W 80+

Reactions: AdmiralSanket
Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the times of the lost connections, fans gettng loud, etc..

May provide a clue or two as to what is happening.

However, with the pc being 10 months old my thought is that something has wiggled loose causing intermittent power loss to one or more components.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated.

Use a bright flashlight to look for kinked or pinched wires. Bare conductor showing. Signs of damage: melting, browned or blackened components, swollen components. Dangling wires, loose...

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the times of the lost connections, fans gettng loud, etc..

May provide a clue or two as to what is happening.

However, with the pc being 10 months old my thought is that something has wiggled loose causing intermittent power loss to one or more components.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated.

Use a bright flashlight to look for kinked or pinched wires. Bare conductor showing. Signs of damage: melting, browned or blackened components, swollen components. Dangling wires, loose brackets, and so forth.

Hopefully something is just loose and getting looser.

Could be the PSU especially if the PSU has been heavily used for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining.

PSU could be beginning to falter and fail. All the more so if the pc is constantly demanding more power than the PSU can deliver.

Solution