Question My PC suddenly often turns off when used without going through shutdown, just the PC immediately and the screen turns off

Firdausy99

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Suddenly last night while playing games my PC suddenly turned off without going through shutdown, just the PC turned off immediately and the screen turned off as if it was turned off normally but didn't go through shutdown.

And this morning, not when playing games, but even when idle, suddenly it was like that.
When it dies I can turn it on again, but in a few minutes it will definitely turn itself off again.

Is it really just my PSU that's bad or is there an indication of another faulty part?
Thanks

Jun 2, 2023
Usually pc shuts down when it gets too hot, how long has it been since you last reapplied thermal paste? Maybe it could be your psu if it is a couple years old or is under a lot of stress

Suddenly last night while playing games my PC suddenly turned off without going through shutdown, just the PC turned off immediately and the screen turned off as if it was turned off normally but didn't go through shutdown.

And this morning, not when playing games, but even when idle, suddenly it was like that.
When it dies I can turn it on again, but in a few minutes it will definitely turn itself off again.

Is it really just my PSU that's bad or is there an indication of another faulty part?
Thanks
Please list all PC parts including make/model of PSU

Firdausy99

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Usually pc shuts down when it gets too hot, how long has it been since you last reapplied thermal paste? Maybe it could be your psu if it is a couple years old or is under a lot of stress
I've pasted the CPU and GPU earlier and it still happens like that. and after looking on the internet again, it seems that my PSU is outdated because at idle the voltage is already 1.8v and when you try to monitor using AIDA64 before it turns off itself, it says 1.2v to 1.4v