[SOLVED] My PC suddenly shuts off randomly ?

Mar 25, 2022
I have been using the pc for about 5 days,and now i feel i got something strange with it.

here list of the problems :
  • suddenly turn off randomly,sometimes while loading,sometimes after i click my left mouse(i was to ran check error at ssd,but after click it…boom).
  • my computer won’t turn on while i connected any port at back panel of motherboard.
  • after turn off i need to re-plugging power cables to make it turn on again.

PC specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x
Asrock B450m Hdv
Geil Super Luce 8x2
Galax Gtx 1060 6gb
Corsair Cx550m (2 weeks old)

for now i suspect it was a motherboard short,or you guys have any idea??

Solution
At the next successful boot try checking Reliability History and/or Event Viewer.

Either one may be capturing some related error code, warning, or even an informational event.

Try another known working mouse on your computer.

Try your mouse on another known working computer. Determine if the shutdowns stay with your computer or follow the mouse.

= = = =

Otherwise, power down, unplug, open the case.

Use a bright flashlight and a magnifying glass to carefully inspect in and around the I/O ports - inside and out. Inside and outside the case.

Likewise check all other connectors, and cables for signs of damage: bare metal showing, melted insulation, cracks, etc.

I am thinking that there is a short.

Possibly heat related -...

Playbahnosh

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Yep sounds like a faulty PSU, do you have another one to test?
Could also be an overheat issue, is your CPU cooler attached properly? Enough paste? Are the fans spinning?

Ralston18

Titan
At the next successful boot try checking Reliability History and/or Event Viewer.

Either one may be capturing some related error code, warning, or even an informational event.

Try your mouse on another known working computer. Determine if the shutdowns stay with your computer or follow the mouse.

= = = =

Use a bright flashlight and a magnifying glass to carefully inspect in and around the I/O ports - inside and out. Inside and outside the case.

Likewise check all other connectors, and cables for signs of damage: bare metal showing, melted insulation, cracks, etc.

Possibly heat related - contact occurring after something expands. Or vibration eventually causing contact.

Solution
Mar 25, 2022
Yep sounds like a faulty PSU, do you have another one to test?
Could also be an overheat issue, is your CPU cooler attached properly? Enough paste? Are the fans spinning?
right now i’d say i have no problem with the PSU,i was trying cpu,gpu,ram,disk at high utility (see at Task Manager)and shows nothing wrong,my Cpu And Gpu Temperature seems normal as well (cpu 60)(gpu 68)

Mar 25, 2022
i

= = = =

Possibly heat related - contact occurring after something expands. Or vibration eventually causing contact.
right now i will RMA the motherboard,if the problem still happen i will update here,thanks for replying
I think it's either a faulty motherboard or a dying PSU.
yeah,i think its completely faulty motherboard,
Then go ahead and change out the motherboard.
i will RMA my motherboard and keep update here thanks for replying

Reactions: Playbahnosh and lvt