[SOLVED] My PC suddenly won't boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matdhouse

Prominent
Oct 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I didnt use my pc for a few weeks, at some point i needed it again and tried to boot it. it turned on, fans started spinning, lights started working. But then nothing, no BIOS, no windows nothing.
After restarting it over a few days and letting it run sometimes with hope that it would start i could boot it fine again. Had multiple bluescreens but it started working i think.
Coming next day, it happened again, system wont boot.

what do i do now?
  1. the system gives everything power, my monitor goes to the right output because of the hdmi sending info.
  2. Tried resetting bios and tested my parts individually (and used other monitors and cables).
was thinking broken harddrives but that wouldnt make sense if i cant even get bios right?

hope you can help me.

specs
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming pro carbon
Intel I7 9700F
My old Geforce 1060 gtx (iknow it slows the whole system down but look at the prices these days)
Samsung 850 evo (main boot)
Samsung 860 evo
Corsair VS650 - 650W
Corsair vengeance LPX32 gb - pc4-21300-DIMM

Last edited:
Solution
Hello everyone,

I didnt use my pc for a few weeks, at some point i needed it again and tried to boot it. it turned on, fans started spinning, lights started working. But then nothing, no BIOS, no windows nothing.
After restarting it over a few days and letting it run sometimes with hope that it would start i could boot it fine again. Had multiple bluescreens but it started working i think.

what do i do now?
  1. the system gives everything power, my monitor goes to the right output because of the hdmi sending info.
  2. Tried resetting bios and tested my parts individually (and used other monitors and cables).
was thinking broken harddrives but that wouldnt make sense if i...

Matdhouse

Prominent
Oct 1, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

Im sorry, was still trying to find it.
Intel I7 9700F
My old Geforce 1060 gtx (iknow it slows the whole system down but look at the prices these days)
Samsung 860 evo
Corsair VS650 - 650W

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If that's the only option left I'll have to send it back to the factory. Don't have a backup PSU. Got any other ideas?
Unplug and plug back in all the power supply cables, remove the video card and memory, disconnect the drives, plug the video card back in and 1 stick of memory and see if you can boot into BIOS.

That board should have a debug led with one is on?

Reactions: RodroX
Thanks but it looks like thats for when you are setting it up first time. my system has worked for nearly 2 years without problems and now stopped suddenly.
Everything on that post is relevant to go through to potentially find your issue, and that's why it is stickied and says, "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist"

Hello everyone,

what do i do now?
was thinking broken harddrives but that wouldnt make sense if i cant even get bios right?

hope you can help me.

specs
Intel I7 9700F
Samsung 860 evo
Corsair VS650 - 650W

You can also try a CMOS reset:

Turn off the PC, unplug it from the wall power socket. Remove CMOS battery, and leave it out for 5 to 10 mins. Now press the power button a few times and then hold it down for 30 seconds too to drain residual energy. After this you should also jump the two pins to Clear the CMOS or press the clear CMOS Button on the motherboard if theres one.

If you have doubts about Clearing the CMOS using the jumpers look at your mobo manual or wtach a video on internet, there are lots of them

Once you done all that, put back in the battery, and try to turn ON the PC.

If it works, then you may need to go back to the BIOS and enable XMP again (but I would really try the PC as it is for a few days before this).

Be very carefull and remember to unplug the PC from the power wall socket during the whole procedure, and if you don't know how to do it, then you should probably send the PC to a technician or someone with the right skills to diagnose and fix it.

Solution

Matdhouse

Prominent
Oct 1, 2021
I checked all i could, seems like a CPU issue. Sending it back. Should i leave the thread open to tell what was actually wrong after i get it back for archive purpose if someone else gets the same problem?

Reactions: helper800

Matdhouse

Prominent
Oct 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

what do i do now?

hope you can help me.

specs
Intel I7 9700F
Samsung 860 evo
Corsair VS650 - 650W

I saw this thread in my mailbox and see i forgot to share the ending. My motherboard was actually busted. The shop i bought it from replaced it so i got it all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.