Question My PC temperature reached 100C in minutes of playing Fifa 23 or doing stress test

Sep 15, 2022
Hi,

My PC temperature reached 100C in minutes of playing Fifa 23 or doing stress test

Details of my PC are:

Processor -Intel i9–12900kf

Motherboard - MSI MPG Z690 Edge WiFi DDR5

GPU - MSI RTX 3070ti Ventus 3x OC

Ram - Kingston Fury Beast 16GB DDR5

SSD - WD Blue S570 1TB

Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxxx l360 AIO

PSU- Deepcool PM1000D 1000W

Cabinet - Ant Esports 690 air with 3 fans in front 1 in rear and 2 on side.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

My PC temperature reached 100C in minutes of playing Fifa 23 or doing stress test

Details of my PC are:

SSD - WD Blue S570 1TB

Has this cooler EVER worked correctly ?
If so, then verify is that the cooler is is still properly secured to the CPU socket. Assuming that is true, the next thing is to verify that the electrical connections are all OK.

Sep 15, 2022
Has this cooler EVER worked correctly ?
If so, then verify is that the cooler is is still properly secured to the CPU socket. Assuming that is true, the next thing is to verify that the electrical connections are all OK.
I am facing this problem ever since I have assembled this PC. It is properly secured to the socket and power connections are also fine. I have checked multiple times.
I just want to verify if this series of cooler is just not good enough for 12900KF or this particular cooler is not good and I should get that tested from Deepcool?

kanewolf

Titan
I am facing this problem ever since I have assembled this PC. It is properly secured to the socket and power connections are also fine. I have checked multiple times.
I just want to verify if this series of cooler is just not good enough for 12900KF or this particular cooler is not good and I should get that tested from Deepcool?
Temperature spikes that quickly are not a sign of insufficient cooling, IMO. They are signs of broken or incorrect cooling.
Since this has never worked, I think you have to go through the manual and verify that your installation was correct. Is it possible that you have the radiator below the CPU? That could cause air in the pump since it is the highest point of the loop.

Sep 15, 2022
Temperature spikes that quickly are not a sign of insufficient cooling, IMO. They are signs of broken or incorrect cooling.
Since this has never worked, I think you have to go through the manual and verify that your installation was correct. Is it possible that you have the radiator below the CPU? That could cause air in the pump since it is the highest point of the loop.
My radiator is mounted to the top of cabinet. Light games like CS:GO are working fine for me. Heavy games and benchmark tests are causing real problem. I also got the pump removed and installed again, but the problem is not resolved by that

kanewolf

Titan
I am using pump connection for AIO Pump, I have tried switching it to CPU connection, But there was no difference in the performance
There is very little you can do. If you have the pump on the AIO connection, it should be running at 100%.

It is possible you have an airflow problem in your case. Take the side panel off and retest. That ensures that there is no restrictions on airflow.

Sep 15, 2022
There is very little you can do. If you have the pump on the AIO connection, it should be running at 100%.

It is possible you have an airflow problem in your case. Take the side panel off and retest. That ensures that there is no restrictions on airflow.
I don't think so air flow can be the problem, I am using cabinet with 6 normal fans and 3 radiator fans. Though I have tired removing the side panel, It didn't make much difference.

Sep 15, 2022

I can't find much knowledge about Deepcool Gammaxx L360, I don't know if it is sufficient for dissipating heat of 12900kf or not. If it is enough then I think I have the faulty product, it is not enough then I should go for the better product.

Can thermal paste application cause problem of the sort?

kanewolf

Titan
I can't find much knowledge about Deepcool Gammaxx L360, I don't know if it is sufficient for dissipating heat of 12900kf or not. If it is enough then I think I have the faulty product, it is not enough then I should go for the better product.

Your "minutes" statement in the OP says there is a basic heat transfer problem, IMO. Any normal thermal paste application would not cause this. If you accidentally left the plastic film on the bottom of the CPU cooler? Yes. Reasonable paste application? No, IMO.

kanewolf

Titan

If you look up reviews of that cooler I see it used on 200+ watt tests. Your temps wouldn't skyrocket. They would slowly increase if the cooler is working correctly.
Maybe you need to contact the manufacturer and investigate an RMA.

Which direction are your fans pointing on the AIO...sucking air into the case, or blowing air out of the case ?
Are your AIO fans ramping up speed as the temp increases or are they staying the same ?
What is the ambient temp in your room ?
Is your case inside getting physically hotter and hotter as you game which leads to the overheat ?
Do you have dust filters that can be removed to improve flow ?
Stick a thermometer in your case window and see what happens

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022
If you look up reviews of that cooler I see it used on 200+ watt tests. Your temps wouldn't skyrocket. They would slowly increase if the cooler is working correctly.
Maybe you need to contact the manufacturer and investigate an RMA.
I tried contacting with the customer care, this is the response I got

Dear Bobin Singla,

Thank you for purchasing our product, we are willing to help you!

As far as I know, the cooler L360 ARGB can only handle your CPU's thermal output for daily use, Based on testing and user feedback, for your CPU, especially for Heavy use like gaming, overclocking, rendering, etc., Castle 360EX series is more suitable

In addition, it's recommended to double check to see if you have the pump power connector plugged into either the "CPU_FAN" or "AIO_PUMP" fan headers. and make sure the pump is running at full speed (over 2,000 RPM). If it is below that speed, change the fan curve for the fan header the pump is plugged into to 100%.

Any query, pls contact me freely.

Regards,

Sep 15, 2022
Which direction are your fans pointing on the AIO...sucking air into the case, or blowing air out of the case ?
Are your AIO fans ramping up speed as the temp increases or are they staying the same ?
What is the ambient temp in your room ?
Is your case inside getting physically hotter and hotter as you game which leads to the overheat ?
Do you have dust filters that can be removed to improve flow ?
Stick a thermometer in your case window and see what happens

Q. Which direction are your fans pointing on the AIO...sucking air into the case, or blowing air out of the case ?
A. Blowing out
Q. Are your AIO fans ramping up speed as the temp increases or are they staying the same ?
A. Ramping up speed as the temp increases
Q Is your case inside getting physically hotter and hotter as you game which leads to the overheat ?
A, Case gets hotter but not too much
Q. Do you have dust filters that can be removed to improve flow ?
A. I got the new system assembled, so dust filter can't be the problem

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@bobinsingla , take a couple pics of the case - glass panel removed, PLEASE - that we can see the fans.
How to, here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/image-posting-via-imgur.3773266/

Using hwinfo, what does it say for cpu package power while this game is running?
What are core thermals like with nothing else open but the browser?

"As far as I know, the cooler L360 ARGB can only handle your CPU's thermal output for daily use, Based on testing and user feedback, for your CPU, especially for Heavy use like gaming, overclocking, rendering, etc., Castle 360EX series is more suitable."
I got a good laugh out of this crap.
"heavy use like gaming", Imma need to see some proof of that one from this guy...
"Castle 360EX is more suitable", based on WHAT? From what I know of the 12900K, it's capable of reaching 100C core thermals on 360mm coolers specifically on rendering and other all core loads if not manually tuned.

Q. Which direction are your fans pointing on the AIO...sucking air into the case, or blowing air out of the case ?
A. Blowing out
Q. Do you have dust filters that can be removed to improve flow ?
A. I got the new system assembled, so dust filter can't be the problem

Remove any dust filters from the top so the fans have minimum restriction exhausting. Dust filters are only for inlet fans if really needed at all.
So, do you have dust filters anywhere in your case, and if so where ?

Jan 31, 2023
Hi,

Details of my PC are:

SSD - WD Blue S570 1TB

This might be really late,
but have you tested any other game?
FIFA 23 is xxxx, EA don't know how to make games for PC
My CPU temps shoot up to 98-100C on just the menus, like just the first menu lol
Sometimes the temps drop in a match but shoot back up in the menus.
My temps areperfectly fine in every other game, its just FIFA
Your PC and coolers might be just fine and you might be stressing because EA's xxxx game development

Last edited by a moderator: