Question My PC turn off three times before works propertly

Jul 30, 2022
So, this is a weired problem... when I turn on my PC (or come back from suspention) it feels very laggy and it sounds a fan works full power (not extreamly loudly, but it fells the difference... I am not sure if it is a GPU, Water Cooler or another simple fan). Anyway, the PC works laggy as I said for 5-15 minutes, and then just turn off. Then, i just press Power button and the same happen... All this (laggy, turn off and manual turn on) for exactly three times... The fourth time that i turn it on, it work normally as usual. A could have the PC turn on for days-weeks and works great, but when I decide to turn it off, I know that everything it will happen again next time that I will turn it on.

My PC:
-Gigabyte B450M-DS3H (bios version updated).
-Ryzen 5 5600X.
-RTX 3060Ti (EVGA FTW3 Ultra)(driver updated).
-SSD Crucial P1 NVMe 500Gb (official W10 installed here).
-SSD Crucial MX500 1Tb (just for games).
-32 Gb RAM:
-2x8Gb 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro.
-2x8Gb 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX.
-PSU EVGA 600W 80Plus (I am the only user, and it has 3 years)
-Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB.
-3 fans AIGO 12mm.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condtion (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

= = = =

My thought is that something is loose.

When the PC is cold, it takes some time to get fully warmed up to where something expands and the connection tightens.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and even case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to visually inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, blackened or browned area, loose or missing screws, pinched or kinked wires cracks and/or scratches.

You can also Look in Task Manager or Resource Monitor to discover what the computer is doing or trying to do when "laggy". Compare to what is being shown when the computer is not laggy. [Note: use both tools but only one at a time.]

Another place to look is in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or informational events that appear when the computer is being laggy. Start with Reliability History: much more end user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing with respect to errors and/or patterns.

Jul 30, 2022
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condtion (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?
thanks for the reply... I edit the post with the PSU info (-PSU EVGA 600W 80Plus (I am the only user, and it has 3 years) )...

= = = =

My thought is that something is loose.

When the PC is cold, it takes some time to get fully warmed up to where something expands and the connection tightens.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and even case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to visually inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, blackened or browned area, loose or missing screws, pinched or kinked wires cracks and/or scratches.
I already did it all of that and everything looks fine!!

You can also Look in Task Manager or Resource Monitor to discover what the computer is doing or trying to do when "laggy". Compare to what is being shown when the computer is not laggy. [Note: use both tools but only one at a time.]
I already did it too and everything looks fine, but it still feel laggy... and its weird because is ALWAYS THREE TIMES that it turn off. I guess that, if the problem was a RAM or PSU or something like that, it will always turn it off, but no... That make me think that is a software error (maybe OS, registers, some maleware maybe -hope no-)

Another place to look is in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or informational events that appear when the computer is being laggy. Start with Reliability History: much more end user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing with respect to errors and/or patterns.
The Event Viewer show me Errors with the typical ID 6008, and Critical with Id 41.
Captura-de-pantalla-2022-07-30-154956.png